DSOS release notes
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
Native to the HMP400, DSOS also brings embedded system design to the entire Intel ecosystem, ideal for fanless architectures like Intel Goldmont, but scalable to i5, i7 or i9 when maximum performance matters.
- Enabled Wi-Fi connections with support for personal (pre-shared key) and enterprise authentication, as well as open/unauthenticated networks. Wi-Fi is enabled from Control Center, and the configuration is done via a configuration backup file.
- Configurations can now be deployed via USB sticks - inserting a USB stick with a configuration backup file on a not-yet configured player will automatically apply the configuration; this feature is automatically disabled once the player has been fully configured for security reasons.
- Added support for 802.1x authentication on Ethernet; configuration is done via the configuration backup file.
- The Recovery Console has been updated to version 2.8.0, to support Wi-Fi connections and 802.1x authentication on Ethernet. The Recovery Console is now updated during the regular firmware update, if an older console version is installed on the player; also, it can now be installed via a .pkg file, just as the firmware.
- The player report includes more readable license data to aid in diagnostics.
Applies to third-party players.
- Names corresponding to the labels on the device are now shown in Control Center's video and audio output selectors.
- Licenses were incorrectly included in the configuration backup, which can invalidate a valid license received from the license server when restoring the configuration backup at a later time; licenses are no longer included in the configuration backup as they are distributed directly by the license server. Configuration backups saved from firmware 4.5.0 for units which had a license should be manually edited to remove the license before restoring.
Applies to all.
- Streaming was not working properly with some sources.
- An HTTP proxy on port 80 could not be used. This was a regression introduced in 4.5.0.
- Some web services, like RSS feeds, behave differently when the referrer is about:blank, a full URL is now used to avoid problems.
- Solved incompatibility with myDrive.ch file storage service.
- Webp images could crash the player causing a reboot.
- RPC responses to failed calls were not returned to the RPC concentrator (regression introduced in 4.5.0); in addition any HTTP level RPC call errors are also returned to the RPC concentrator.
- The player could reboot during network state changes due to races in the restart of the NTP daemon.
- Credentials to access resources on AWS could be renewed just after they expired, instead of a few minutes before, causing temporary problems with ARYA.
- The license texts in Control Center's about page were not properly tagged as UTF-8 plain text and could display garbled.
- EULA and third-party licenses updated to reflect current ones.
- On full HD deinterlaced videos, the bottom of the 1088 coded lines were outputted instead of the top 1080.
- The player was not restarted when the audio configuration changed, although a restart was required.
- Network default routes installed by the DHCP client may conflict with existing default routes and not become effective, they are now replaced.
- The NTP daemon no longer restarts on IP address changes as it is no longer necessary.
- The report did not properly dump the TPM2 public data of persistent handles.
- Added DSOS support for the new hardware models: HMP400/HMP400W and selected 3rd-party players.
- Added support for the DSOS activation licenses; the player license information is displayed on the Control Center home page and included within the configuration backup.
- New HTML5 rendering engine, based on Chromium 74, with support for hardware accelerated video decoding and WebGL. Applies only to players with DSOS Kiosk and DSOS Systems licenses.
- New "password manager" functionality to support forms-based authentication on websites, using credentials stored under Saved passwords.
- New "click robot" engine to navigate, scroll, zoom on content of interest and/or click through consent popups on HTML5 pages.
- New Pull Mode engine that supports faster downloads, end-to-end content integrity checking with SHA-256, and processing of RPC commands.
- JPEG images are now automatically rotated and flipped according to EXIF data.
- Added support for underlined text.
- HTTP traffic capturing can be enabled from Control Center or RPC, for improved diagnostics. The captures are also included in the player report. Credentials are masked in the captures.
- Added video and audio output selectors in Control Center and Configuration Wizard for players with multiple video/audio outputs.
- Added support Hyperlink and Picture columns in SharePoint lists.
- Firmware updater now checks that update source is compatible with product's model before applying any updates.
- Bonjour and SSDP announcements now include additional serial numbers for the benefit of the newly supported models.
- JS locale files are now compressed, reducing the firmware size.
- Updated some internal libraries:
- ffmpeg to version 4.0.2 (was 3.4.5)
- libical to version 2.0.0 (was 1.0.1)
- Yii PHP framework to version 1.1.21 (was 1.1.17)
- Removed support for Instagram widgets because Instagram has discontinued the Legacy API.
- Session cookies now expire after 2 days (used to never expire before).
- Pull Mode with ICS executed after being disabled.
- Cookies for public top level domains were incorrectly allowed in the Pull Mode daemon (uploader).
- Crash when pressing blue button when playing a project with asynchronous audio player event handlers.
- Events widget - long event titles were not showing correctly.
- JSignage Graph plugin: Axis grid were not shown in some cases because of missing min and max values.
- If there is any text in an editable text area, editing was broken.
- Enrollment to SpinetiX cloud services now uses the TPM to authenticate third-party devices.
- Protected from XEE attacks in XML files.
- Use HTTPS protocol for the ECB exchange rate data source.
- CORS violations and other errors in HTML5 content are reported in the log.
- Credentials can now be used on AJAX requests to the player from web pages not hosted on the player (i.e., the authorization headers are now allowed for CORS).
- Uploader process logs more messages at trace level to diagnose replication issues in Pull Mode.
- New tags for the Configuration API:
<video-output-selector>to select the video output connector on DSOS devices.
<pullmode-http-capture-log>to capture HTTP traffic for the uploader process.
<http-capture-log>to capture HTTP traffic for the player.
- New options for the
videoConnectors: trueto report the list of attached screens
audioConnectors: trueto report the list of attached audio connectors