From SpinetiX Support Wiki
Scheduled Download feature is available on HMP350 and HMP300 devices and can be used to retrieve content from a remote web server, in a scheduled manner (daily or hourly) or on demand. This feature is a simplified version of Pull Mode functionality and can be used with any standard web server, with or without WebDAV extension enabled.
There are two ways to use this:
- In the simple settings mode, the Schedule Download behaves like a regular publish from Elementi, therefore the content retrieved through Schedule Download can be scheduled for display through the "Elementi" asset. Note that it will overwrite any content published from Elementi onto that player.
- In the advanced settings mode, one or more scheduled download sources can be configured, which could be displayed individually as Live Sources.
To set up a scheduled download, follow these steps:
- Open HMP Control Center and click on Content > Scheduled Download page.
- Enter the HTTP(S) address where the content can be downloaded from; that can be:
- Select the content update frequency (between daily or hourly), or click the reload icon to trigger the update of the content manually.
- In case of selecting daily update, select also the time when the to check the server for updates.
- Click "Apply" button to validate your changes.
Changing the "Settings" option to "Advanced", allows configuring multiple scheduled download sources and also adds two more options for each source:
- "Do not update sub-folders" checkbox options
- Enable this option for the HMP to retrieve only the files from the root of the path provided under "Server URI".
- Destination folder input field
- Enter a folder name for the player to put the files retrieved from the server in that particular folder (and avoid overwriting the entire content). If missing, the folder is automatically created.
- The two options can be combined for the HMP to retrieve only the files from the root of the provided path and put them into a particular folder.
- A scheduled download configured to be retrieved in a particular folder can be used as a Live Source within the content scheduling tool - for that simply set the destination folder name as the server URI of a Live Source.