From SpinetiX Support Wiki
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Downloads
- 3 Hardware
- 4 Software
- 5 Content management
- 6 See also
The iBX410 is the versatile digital signage player powered by the latest technology that effortlessly meets all your signage needs. With fanless commercial-grade design, cutting-edge Intel® Atom® processor and DSOS™, iBX410 is powerful yet affordable, capable of delivering reliably in any signage scenario.
- Latest generation Intel® Atom® processor
- DSOS™ by SpinetiX – signage-dedicated lightweight OS
- Fanless, compact, and flat-form factor design
- 4K | 60 FPS ready
- 128 GB of internal storage
- Designed for 24/7 use
- 3-year warranty included, extendable to 5
|Processor||Intel™ Atom x6211E (Elkhart Lake)|
|Memory||RAM: 2x 4 GB DDR4-3200|
|Storage|| Internal: Industrial 128 GB SSD M.2 M-Key (2280)|
External: Flash drive, hard disk (via USB 3.1)
|Power||60W power supply adaptor (included), power required: DC +12V 5A, lockable power connector|
|Operating environment||Ambient temperature: 32 - 104ºF / 0 - 40ºC|
Storage temperature: -4 to 122ºF / -20 to 50ºC
Relative humidity: 10-90% non-condensing
|Real-time clock (RTC)||Accuracy ±1 min./month, backed by battery (BR2032)|
|Dimensions||W x H x D: 181 x 21.5 x 123 mm, respectively 7.13 x 0.85 x 4.84 inches|
|Weight||840g ± 5g, respectively 29.63 oz|
Input & outputs
|Video output|| 1x HDMI Port 2.0b (type A)
Display power saving: DVI DPMS, serial port
| 1x Ethernet 2.5 GbE 8P8C port (a.k.a. RJ45), IEEE 802.3ab/802.3u/802.3az/802.3bz standards
|USB port||3 x USB 3.1 Type-A|
|Serial port||1 x RJ45 port dedicated for RS232|
The player's power button is multi-functional - it can be used to restart the player after it has been shut down, but also:
- Briefly press (max 1s) and release it to trigger the On-Screen Display (OSD) showing the player addresses, firmware version, DSOS license type (if any), and other player identification information.
- Double-press it or hold it for 3 seconds to trigger a shutdown of the device.
- You should wait for 10–15 seconds for the player to completely shut down (no video signal is displayed), then you can safely unplug the power supply. To restart the player, briefly press the power button again.
The player has the following LEDs on the front side:
- Power LED ⇒ light up solid red when the player is powered and running.
- SSD LED ⇒ blinks green when the internal storage is accessed.
- Two LEDs are integrated within the network connector:
- Left LED shows the network speed by changing its color, as following:
- off ⇒ 10/100 Mbps network
- solid green ⇒ 1000 Mbps (Gigabit) network
- Right LED shows the network activity, as following:
- off ⇒ the link is not present
- solid amber ⇒ the link is present;
- blinks amber ⇒ there is link activity (i.e., network packets);
- Left LED shows the network speed by changing its color, as following:
The enclosure is made of aluminum and SGCC.
The player can be mounted using the included standard-system brackets. See the technical drawing above for more details.
- If the mounting surface is itself well ventilated and/or will help with heat dissipation (e.g., a separate bracket of a display mount) then the player can be mounted flush with the surface, but you should monitor the temperature during use.
- If the mounting surface is attached to another heat source (e.g., the back panel of a display) then you should use standoffs to allow air to circulate around the player, and monitor the temperature closely.
- The mounting brackets are attached with four screws, and they can be removed if necessary.
Each iBX410 player has a unique serial number and a MAC address. Each player has also a device name, set by default to the player serial number, displayed and configurable within the Control Center interface.
A sticker with the serial number, barcode, player model and few other information can be found on the bottom side of each player. This helps to identify the unit and it should not be removed.
Logo and printing
- Situations may arise where labels or transfers may need to be applied to the player. This is generally not recommended by SpinetiX as the heat generation of the device may be affected.
- There is almost no risk of a sticker or label removing the logo printed on the player; the printing process used is a special type which results in ink being protected by the outside layer of aluminum itself.
- Any material affixed to the player must be entirely removable without a trace for the unit to remain within warranty.
The external power supply (included) has the following characteristics:
- Model: FSP060-DHAN3
- AC Input: 100-240V~, 1.8A 50-60Hz.
- DC Output: 12V ⎓ 5A 60W
- DC cord: power adapter (w: 11cm) + 120 cm attached cable, lockable power jack
- AC cord: 2x detachable cables of 180 cm for type B and type E/F plugs.
SpinetiX offers 3 years of Hardware Limited Warranty for iBX410 products.
- A 5-year warranty extension can be purchased separately.
- The player has a very low probability of failure because its hardware architecture is free of moving parts. There is no official mean time between failures calculated; the component with the shortest MBTF is currently the internal storage, however, the high-quality cards used by SpinetiX are certified for at least 5 years of use by the manufacturer.
- The warranty does not apply to the external power supply unit, nor the internal memory medium (storage). See General Terms & Conditions of Sale (Exclusions section) for more details.
The embedded DSOS™ is a secured operating system designed for digital signage players, especially for demands of defense, financial, cruise vessel and other high-availability scenarios. It cannot be changed in any way, and no other OS can be installed on the player.
|Layer composition||Multi-layer, multi-video decoding capability|
|Text|| Unicode support (international text); bidirectional (right-to-left, left-to-right)|
Fonts: TrueType, OpenType user fonts, built-in fonts (Western, Cyrillic, Arabic, Greek, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Hindi, etc.)
|Media file formats||Image formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF, SVG, PDF/A|
Video formats: MPG, MP4, M4V, MOV, MKV, AVI, VOB, TS, WMV
Audio formats: MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, AC3, M4A, MKA
|Video codecs|| Multi-video decoding capable, 4K60p 4:4:4|
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC: HP@L5.2, H.265/MPEG-H HEVC: L5.1
MPEG-2: MP@HL, MPEG-4: ASP, MJPEG
|Audio codecs||AAC-LC, HE-AAC, AC3, MPEG Layer I, II, III (MP3), WMAv2, AC3|
|Animation||Elementi playlists, transitions, effects|
|Content languages||SVG Tiny 1.2+, HTML5, Canvas, SMIL Animations, iCalendar (RFC 5545)|
|External data access||AJAX, REST, HTTP/HTTPS with custom certificates or SRP, raw TCP/UDP|
|Video Wall||Accuracy ± 1 frame, unlimited screens|
|Streaming||RTSP, RTP, UDP (multicast capable), HTTP|
DSOS activation licenses
The iBX410 players are working out of the box with SpinetiX ARYA™ cloud-based service, without needing a DSOS license, however, not all the players' features are available. More features can be unlocked by purchasing a DSOS license (choose between WIDGETS, KIOSK, or SYSTEMS) and then activating it on your player.
Activate a DSOS license
Once you have purchased a DSOS license, follow these steps to activate it on your player:
- Open https://activate.spinetix.com/ in your browser.
- Sign in to your account.
- In the top part of the screen, enter a label/comment, the player' serial number, and the license code (12 alphanumeric characters).
- The comment and serial number fields can be edited at any time - for that, click on the field, enter the text you want, and then press the "Enter" key to save the changes.
- Click the "ASSIGN" button. A row containing these details, plus the DSOS license type, is added underneath.
- Note:Once a DSOS license has been bound to an account, it can only be moved to another player (see details below), but not to another account.
- If the target player is connected to the SpinetiX Cloud, it will automatically get the DSOS license (this can take up to 5 minutes, when the player is in SLOW SYNC mode) - once done, a "MODIFY" button is shown on the right side.
- Otherwise, a "GET CONFIG" button is shown - click that button to download a configuration file and apply it on the target player.
Modify a DSOS license
To remove a license from a player and/or add it onto another player, follow these steps:
- Click the "MODIFY" button on the corresponding line.
- Delete the serial number. This will remove the license from that player.
- Enter the serial number of the new player. This will assign the DSOS license to the new player.
- Press the "Enter" key to save the changes.
SpinetiX ARYA is a cloud-based visual communication solution, easy to use and accessible from anywhere from a browser from any device (PC, tablet, smartphone) and at any time. The carefully crafted templates with animations and transitions will show off what’s on sale, opening hours, person showcase, news, menu weather and more.
Elementi is our simple, yet powerful digital signage software, letting you seamlessly publish and schedule content onto your player. The bond between Elementi and the iBX410 players ensures consistency in delivering a visually rich experience to any combination of screens across your network day after day, year after year - regardless of external factors such as evolving PC standards and hardware.