From SpinetiX Support Wiki
This article is a stub. Main article: Audio.
The following container formats are supported for files with audio, on all player models, unless noted otherwise:
|.mp3||Raw MPEG audio elementary stream||MPEG Audio Layer III|
|.m4a, .mp4||MPEG-4 Part 14 Audio Only||AAC|
|.wma||Raw WMA elementary stream||WMA2|
|.wav||RIFF Audio File Format||PCM, DTS|
|.ac3||Raw AC-3 elementary stream||AC-3||Not supported on HMP200, HMP130, and HMP100.|
|.mka||Matroska Audio Only||AAC||Not supported on HMP200, HMP130, and HMP100.|
|.aiff, .aif||Audio Interchange File Format||PCM||Supported only on HMP200, HMP130 and HMP100.|
Audio files are not supported and cannot be uploaded as Fusion content.
Supported audio codecs
- Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) is an audio coding standard for lossy digital audio compression. Designed to be the successor of the MP3 format, AAC generally achieves better sound quality than MP3 at similar bit rates.AAC has been standardized by ISO and IEC, as part of the MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 specifications. High Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding (HE-AAC) which is part of MPEG-4 Audio is an extension of Low Complexity AAC (AAC LC).
- Supported profiles (up to 6 channels input): (MPEG-2 Part 7) Low Complexity Profile, (MPEG-4 Part 3) AAC Profile and High-Efficiency AAC Profile (note that HE-AAC v2 profile is supported only on DiVA, HMP350 and HMP300; up to 8 channels input).
- MPEG-1/2 Layer III (MP3)
- MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 Audio Layer III, more commonly referred to as MP3, is an audio coding format for digital audio which uses a form of lossy data compression. Supported: 48KHz max sample rate and 2 channels. The previous versions: MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer II (MP2) and MPEG-1 Audio Layer I (MP1) are supported as well;
- Windows Media Audio (WMA v2).
- WMA is a lossy audio codec which can encode audio signals sampled at up to 48 kHz with up to two discrete channels (stereo). Like AAC, WMA was intended to address perceived deficiencies in the MP3 standard.
- Linear PCM (LPCM);
- ITU-T G.711 and G.726;
- AC3 (Dolby Digital)
Unsupported audio codecs
This list is not exhaustive and any codec that is not written above, should be considered as part of this list.
- 24-bit PCM audio;
- MPEG-4 SLS (HD-AAC);
- Raw AAC files (use AAC within an MP4 or M4A file instead!);