From SpinetiX Support Wiki
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Downloads
- 3 Hardware
- 4 Software
- 5 Content management
- 6 See also
With a sealed fanless design, an Intel Atom® inside, and made in Germany, the new Hyper Media Player HMP400 is designed to deliver 4K at 60 fps digital signage content, flawlessly, 24/7, over a decade. And if you need to use a wireless connection, simply chose the HMP400W which comes with Wi-Fi version support.
- Commercial grade, long-life 24/7 use
- Fanless, compact, and flat-form factor design
- Dust-resistant, designed for extreme conditions
- Passive heat dissipation
- Intel® Atom® processor
- DSOS™ by SpinetiX – signage operating system
- 4K | 60 fps ready
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Wi-Fi version available (code name HMP400W)
- 3-year warranty included, extendable to 5 years
- Engineered in Switzerland, made in Germany
|Processor||Intel™ Atom x5-E3930|
|Memory||RAM: 4 GB, bandwidth: 34.1 GB/s|
|Storage|| Internal: 14 GB solid state eMMC 5.1 Industrial MLC NAND with enhanced area, 12.4 GB available for user content|
External: Flash drive, hard disk (via USB 3.0)
|Power||Power over Ethernet (PoE+ / 802.3at) or USB-C lockable Power Delivery 2.0, 27W (min 3A@9V)|
|Operating environment||Ambient temperature: 32 - 104ºF / 0 - 40ºC|
Storage temperature: -4 to 122ºF / -20 to 50ºC
Relative humidity: 10-90% non-condensing
|Real-time clock (RTC)||Accuracy ±1 min./month, backup by supercap (30 days)|
|Dimensions||W x H x D: 200 x 27 x 120 mm, respectively 7.87 x 1.06 x 4.72 inches|
|Weight||660g ± 5g, respectively 23.3 oz|
Input & outputs
|Video output|| HDMI Port 2.0 (type A, lockable) + DisplayPort 1.2 (USB-C lockable alternate mode)|
Resolution: DCI 4K (4,096×2,160), 4K UHD (3840x2160), 1080p (1920x1080), custom, etc. Aspect ratio: 16:9, 16:10, 4:3 Horizontal / Vertical, custom
Display power saving: HDMI-CEC, DisplayPort, serial port
|Audio output||Stereo digital (HDMI / DisplayPort), USB-C analog line-level|
| Ethernet 1 GbE 8P8C port (a.k.a. RJ45), IEEE 802.3ab, 802.3u, 802.3az standards|
HMP400W supports Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wave 2, 2x2 MIMO
Protocols: IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, Zeroconf, NTP, SNMPv1/v2c, HTTP/HTTPS, TLS-SRP, user root certificates, WebDAV, SSDP / UPnP, Bonjour, RTSP, RTP, UDP
Remote configuration: Embedded web server, HTTPS with user root certificates, RPC
|USB port||3 x USB 3.0 (USB-C lockable)|
The blue button on HMP400 is multi-functional allowing to perform different operations depending on how long it is pressed and whether the player is powered on or powered off during that time - like trigger OSD information, shut down, reset to factory default settings, force Recovery mode, etc.
See Blue button page for more details.
The player has four diagnostic LEDs on the front side indicating power, system, Wi-Fi and network. Two more are integrated within the network connector on the back side. These LEDs can be used to quickly assert the status of the player.
See LED page for more details.
Enclosure / casing
HMP400 can be mounted using two M5 bolts - see the technical drawing above for exact coordinates of the mounting holes.
- If the mounting surface is itself well ventilated and/or will help with heat dissipation (e.g. a separate bracket of a display mount) then the player can be mounted flush with the surface, but you should monitor the temperature during use.
- If the mounting surface is attached to another heat source (e.g. the back panel of a display) then you should use standoffs to allow air to circulate around the player, and monitor the temperature closely.
Each HMP400 player has a unique serial number and a MAC address. Each player has also a device name, set by default to the player serial number, displayed and configurable within the HMP Control Center interface.
A sticker with the serial number, barcode, player model and few other information can be found on the bottom side of each player. This helps to identify the unit and it should not be removed.
Logo and printing
- Situations may arise where labels or transfers may need to be applied to the player. This is generally not recommended by SpinetiX as the heat generation of the device may be affected.
- There is almost no risk of a sticker or label removing the logo printed on the player; the printing process used is a special type which results in ink being protected by the outside layer of aluminum itself.
- Any material affixed to the player must be entirely removable without a trace for the unit to remain within warranty.
The player can be powered over Ethernet (PoE+ / 802.3at) or USB-C (power delivery 2.0, 27W, min 3A@9V). The typical power consumption, measured in normal conditions is 9W; the maximum is 14W.
External power supply
- Model: USBC-PD-30
- Input: 100-240V 50-60Hz.
- Output: 5V3A / 9V3A / 12V2.5A
- DC cord: 150cm
- Plug: the power supply unit comes with a built-in type A plug and a removable type C plug.
See how to correctly power off the HMP.
SpinetiX offers 3 years of Hardware Limited Warranty for HMP400 products.
- A 5-year warranty extension can be purchased separately.
- The player has a very low probability of failure because its hardware architecture is free of moving parts. There is no official mean time between failures calculated; the component with the shortest MBTF is currently the internal storage, however, the high-quality cards used by SpinetiX are certified for at least 5 years of use by the manufacturer.
- The warranty does not apply to the external power supply unit, nor the internal memory medium (storage). See General Terms & Conditions of Sale (Exclusions section) for more details.
The embedded DSOS™ is a secured operating system designed for digital signage players, especially for demands of defense, financial, cruise vessel and other high-availability scenarios. It cannot be changed in any way and no other OS can be installed on the player.
See DSOS page for more details.
|Layer composition||Multi-layer, multi-video decoding capability|
|Text|| Unicode support (international text); bidirectional (right-to-left, left-to-right)|
Fonts: TrueType, OpenType user fonts, built-in fonts (Western, Cyrillic, Arabic, Greek, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Hindi, etc.)
|Media file formats||Image formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF, SVG|
Video formats: MPG, MP4, M4V, MOV, MKV, AVI, VOB, TS, WMV
Audio formats: MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, AC3, M4A, MKA
|Video codecs|| Multi-video decoding capable, 4K60p max|
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC: HP@L5.2, H.265/MPEG-H HEVC: L5.1
MPEG-2: MP@HL, MPEG-4: ASP, MJPEG
|Audio codecs||AAC-LC, HE-AAC, AC3, MPEG Layer I, II, III (MP3), WMAv2, AC3|
|Animation||Elementi playlists, transitions, effects|
|Content languages||HTML5, SVG Tiny 1.2+, Canvas, SMIL Animations, iCalendar (RFC 5545)|
|External data access||AJAX, REST, HTTP/HTTPS with custom certificates or SRP, raw TCP/UDP|
|Video Wall||Accuracy ± 1 frame, unlimited screens|
|Streaming||RTSP, RTP, UDPR (multicast capable), HTTP|
DSOS activation licenses
In WIDGETS mode, you combine the power of HMP400 and the versatility of Elementi and its 250+ widgets. Fill any display with content that auto-updates using data from your everyday tools like social media, G-Suite, or Microsoft Office 365. Widgets are easily customizable, simple, and powerful to deliver information. This license activates all APIs for content automation and distribution.
The KIOSK mode builds on top of the Widgets mode and offers support for rich interactive content created with HTML5 and/or Elementi, including HTML5 dashboards, PowerBI, Google Maps, YouTube, Vimeo, etc. This license activates native support for HTML5 and physical input/output APIs.
The SYSTEMS mode allows you to immerse audiences with your story through IoT solutions and third-party technologies. With sensors, cameras, smart-building, queue management systems and more, you have the full integration capacity of HMP400 to deliver experiences with an unlimited degree of personalization. This license activates all SpinetiX features and APIs for maximum integration options, such as multiscreen synchronization/video wall, streaming, network triggers, etc.
Activate a DSOS license
Once you have purchased a DSOS license, follow these steps to activate it on your HMP400 player:
- Open https://activate.spinetix.com/ in your browser.
- If you already have an account on ARYA, use that to sign in with. Otherwise, sign up for a new user account.
- Enter the serial number of your HMP400 player and the license code, then click the "ASSIGN" button.
Once done, a line containing the serial number and the DSOS license type is added underneath.
To move that license onto another player, click the MODIFY button and enter the new serial number.
SpinetiX ARYA™ is a cloud-based visual communication solution, easy to use and accessible from anywhere. The carefully crafted templates with animations and transitions will show off what’s on sale, opening hours, person showcase, news, menu weather and more.
Elementi is our simple, yet powerful digital signage software, letting you seamlessly publish and schedule content onto your player. The bond between Elementi and the HMP400 ensures consistency in delivering a visually rich experience to any combination of screens across your network day after day, year after year - regardless of external factors such as evolving PC standards and hardware.