Power off the HMP
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
In order to safely disconnect the HMP from the power network, it is strongly recommended to follow these steps:
- Shut down the player, as described below.
- Warning:Unplugging the player from the power network without a prior shutdown, especially in a repetitive manner, could cause content loss and / or hardware problems!
- Wait until the player has shut down completely - the PWR LED is briefly blinking red once every two seconds.
- Unplug the power supply unit from the power network and / or the power supply cable from the player power port.
The HMP can be shut down using one of the following methods:
- Open the HMP Control Center and click the "Shutdown Now" button, which can be found on
- Press the blue button for 3 seconds. This does not apply for HMP130 and HMP100.
- Send a shutdown RPC command. This is for advanced users.
- The HMP has shut down completely when there is no video signal on the displaying device and the (PWR) LED is slowly blinking red. The HMP130 and HMP100 models have only one LED and it must be off.
- After the HMP has been shut down, it can be started by briefly pressing its blue button (does not apply for HMP130 and HMP100) or by physically reconnecting it to the electrical network.
- The HMP device automatically shuts down when its internal temperature reaches the selected shutdown temperature level, in order to cool down. The device will automatically restart when the internal temperature in less than the threshold value.