Configure player from USB stick
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
- If the player has already been configured and/or added into SpinetiX ARYA™, then reset it to factory default settings.
- Prepare a configuration file - which can be either
- a configuration backup (named config-Serial_number.cfg or config.cfg)generated from a player, or
- an XML file (named config-Serial_number.xml or config.xml) created accordingly to the Configuration API, either manually or using the network configurator tool (for Wi-Fi or Ethernet 8021.x authentication).
- Plug the USB stick into your computer.
- The USB drive must be formatted as FAT32, to be used both by the PC and the player.
- Copy the configuration file into the root of the USB stick.
- Eject the USB stick from the computer.
- Connect the USB stick to the HMP400 or the third-party player.
- A few seconds later the configuration is applied. The player would probably reboot automatically to apply the new configuration.
- Although multiple configuration files can be present on the USB key, the first file found with a matching name is the file applied. The order of search is as follows: the player first looks for a file (.cfg then .xml) containing its serial number in the name; otherwise, it looks for a config.cfg, then a config.xml file.
- For third-party players the board, system, and chassis serial numbers in SMBIOS can also be used as the serial number in the file name.
- When using a .cfg archive, only the config.xml in the root is actually used - other files, like splash screen images or FSM files, are ignored.