HMP Control Center
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
HMP Control Center is a responsive web-based user interface, used to interact directly with the device, both for making configuration changes and for requesting information from the device. It is running directly on the device's internal HTTP server on port 80 and can be accessed from any regular browser.
The left side menu is present on all the pages within Control Center and contains the following items:
- Control Center
- This item opens Control Center home page.
- This item groups different links to the System page, which allows generating / restoring configuration backups and configuring settings such as: device name, player date & time, shutdown temperature, passwords to access protected data, and Cockpit monitoring.
- Display & Audio
- This item groups different links to the "Display & Audio" page, which allows configuring display and audio related settings.
- This item groups different links to the Network page, which allows configuring settings such as: IP configuration, Proxy, SNMP, HTTPS certificates etc.
- This item groups different links to the Content page, which allows configuring scheduled downloads, live sources, and splash screen images (used during player boot and shutdown).
- This item groups different links to the Peripherals page, which allows configuring serial and USB port settings.
- Advanced Applications
- This item groups different links to the Advanced Applications page, which allows configuring settings related to: interactivity and touchscreens, Network API, Multiscreen (HMP350 only), NTP, streaming, firmware update server address, RPC concentrator, and Pull Mode.
- This item groups different links to the Operations page, which allows performing maintenance operations, such as: firmware update, player restart / shutdown, recovery mode, restore default content or factory default settings, format storage, clearing player data, generating a report etc.
- This item groups different links to the Logs page, which allows retrieving the player log files, locally or on a server.
- This item opens the About page, which contains the player copyright and license information.
The Control Center home page displays general information about the device: player status summary, current settings, and the content snapshot, plus some quick links to maintenance tasks. A left side menu provides links to all the other pages in Control Center.
This section contains the player logo, its date/time information, plus six information boxes (clicking on any of them, brings out more information and / or links to configuration pages), as following:
- Up time
- Current running time of the player.
- CPU Load
- Current CPU usage of the player; clicking on the box gives extended info about CPU distribution and frame drops.
- Current use of the player internal storage.
- Current display status.
- Current player firmware. An exclamation mark may be shown in case the firmware needs to be updated. Clicking on the box gives extra information about the firmware update.
This section gives a brief summary of the important settings of the player. It is possible change those settings at any time using the Configuration Wizard button.
This section allows the user to do the following maintenance operations:
- Restore Config
- Restore a configuration backup. This can be used to copy configuration from another player or to restore a previous configuration is cases where a factory reset was performed on the unit for instance. To generate a configuration backup, go the the System pages.
- Monitor with Cockpit
- Monitor in Cockpit
- This is displayed if the device is monitored by Cockpit and provide a quick link to the player monitoring page of Cockpit for that device.
- Generate Report
- Generate a report from device. This is required whenever the device is not functioning properly and support is needed.
- Restart Now
- Restart the device in case of configuration changes, or any other maintenance operation.
This section shows the snapshot of what is currently displayed by the player. The "Refresh" button can be used to refresh the snapshot at any time.