Player web interface
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
The built-in responsive web interface of DiVA, HMP300 and HMP350 models offers access to the full management of the player from a standard web browser. The player web interface comes with the following tools:
- Content creation tool and Content scheduling tool for content management.
- Control Center tool and User manager tool for player configuration.
Connect to the web interface
See also the "Get started" tutorial for more details about connecting an HMP or DiVA device on your network.
In order to get access to the player web interface, you need to log in with your username and password. Once logged in, you will automatically be directed to the Control Center home page (in case of having admin rights), or otherwise to the default home page.
- The login is not required when the Configuration Wizard is automatically triggered (because the player has not been configured) or when you access the interface without a prior sign out.
- The default user created on the player is "admin". This cannot be changed, nor removed.
- The password for the "admin" user is set by default to "admin" as well - it is strongly recommend to change the default password for obvious security reasons. This can be done at the last step of the configuration wizard or at any time from the user manager tool.
- In case of using IE browser to access the player web interface, make sure that compatibility mode is disabled.
The top bar menu is present on all the pages of the player web interface and provides the following quick links:
- Device name - click to go to Home page.
- CREATE - click to open the content creation tool.
- SCHEDULE - click to open the content scheduling tool.
- Gear icon - click to open the Control Center home page.
- User icon - click to open the User manager tool.
- SIGN OUT - click to sign out from the player interface.
The home page of the player web interface is composed of three big, clickable areas:
- This link will open the Schedule page, from which you can decide which content item should be displayed on the screen and when.
- Player snapshot
- The snapshot allows the user to check what is currently displayed by the player.
Custom HTML interface
You can add a custom HTML interface on the HMP300 and HMP350 players by including a simple index.html page or an "interface" folder (containing an index.html, plus some other files, like css, scripts, etc.) within your published project.
- The "title" element of this start page will be added as an entry onto the top bar menu interface, along "Create" and "Schedule" links.
- The file interface/index.html takes precedence over index.html.
- The start page should not contain absolute links to other files within the project, only relative links are guaranteed to work reliably.
This custom HTML interface can be used, for instance, to control the content displayed by the player - for that use an "Action to Switch" interactive widget inside the project and update the Shared Variable controlling it through Web Storage REST API calls from the custom HTML interface.