From SpinetiX Support Wiki
The Operations page of Control Center allows performing different maintenance operations, such as: firmware update, player restart / shutdown, recovery mode, restore default content or factory default settings, format storage, clearing player data, generating a report etc.
It contains the following sections:
- Firmware Update
When opening the "Operations" page, a check for possible firmware update is automatically performed. If a new firmware is available, a notification box is shown suggesting to apply the update.
It is possible to change the firmware update source between the configured update server or a USB key. To trigger a manual check for the latest firmware, press the "Check Now" button.
The maintenance section lets you:
- Restart the player.
- Shut down the player.
- You can also press the blue button for 3 seconds to shut down the player.
- Start the Recovery mode.
The reset section lets you:
- Restore Default Content
- Reset to Factory Default
- Clicking on this button restores the device to factory default settings. Note that the device will keep the current firmware.
- Format the Internal Storage
This section also lets you clear specific settings or stored information for the player:
- Remove all the logs from the player. May be needed to help diagnose issues with the player.
- Remove all file store in the player cache. May be needed in case of network issues.
- Clock calibration
- Clear the internal clock calibration. May be needed in case of network issue.
- Web storage
- Splash screen
- Restores the default splash screen settings.
- Touchscreen calibration (HMP350 and HMP300 only)
- Reset to default the configured touch screen calibration.
- Firmware updates server (HMP350 and HMP300 only)
- Reset to default the configured update server.
- An extended report can also be generated in case of suspected issues with the firmware or the internal storage of the player.