From SpinetiX Support Wiki
DSOS™ by SpinetiX™ is a lightweight, secured operating system designed for digital signage players, especially for demands of defense, financial, cruise vessel and other high-availability scenarios. Native to the SpinetiX Hyper Media Player (HMP) devices, DSOS also brings embedded system design to the Intel ecosystem, ideal for fanless architectures like Intel Goldmont, but scalable to i5, i7 or i9 when maximum performance matters. See the supported hardware platforms below.
Regarding the content management, the default DSOS configuration includes the access to the SpinetiX ARYA cloud CMS, available with a zero-cost discovery option and first-line support via online chat. More features can be unlocked on the supported devices by purchasing and activating a DSOS license - you can choose between WIDGETS, KIOSK, or SYSTEMS.
Regarding the operating system updates, the security patches and the rendering engine improvements are delivered together, using a tightly integrated remote update service, thus avoiding unexpected content failures commonly experienced with desktop operating systems. Find more details on the DSOS release notes page.
Supported hardware platforms
The DSOS™ has been validated on the following hardware devices:
As a member of Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance, SpinetiX collaborates with third-party player manufacturers to bring our digital signage technology and expertise to users relying on Intel-based architectures. Our partners can provide you the above players with SpinetiX’s Digital Signage Operating System already installed and built-in access to SpinetiX ARYA™ cloud CMS (see more about ARYA plans).
Security at the core
Remote monitoring and management of endpoints is built-in to the DSOS stack, working alongside Intel vPro® to support single-truck-roll deployments, commissioning, maintenance and decommissioning. Device security is further enhanced with UEFI Secure Boot support. Cloud communications are secured using the TPM or Intel TPP. User content is secured against device theft, with DSOS disk partitions cryptographically signed.
DSOS is maintained by a dedicated engineering team at SpinetiX with more than a decade of experience in designing firmware for hardened, secure digital signage players.
DSOS activation licenses
The HMP400, HMP400W, iBX410, iBX440, and DSOS-compatible third-party players are working out of the box with SpinetiX ARYA™ cloud-based service, without needing a DSOS license, however, not all the players' features are available. More features can be unlocked by purchasing a DSOS license (choose between WIDGETS, KIOSK, or SYSTEMS) and then activating it on your player.
Activate a DSOS license
Once you have purchased a DSOS license, follow these steps to activate it on your player:
- Open https://activate.spinetix.com/ in your browser.
- Sign in to your account.
- In the top part of the screen, enter a label/comment, the player' serial number, and the license code (12 alphanumeric characters).
- The comment and serial number fields can be edited at any time - for that, click on the field, enter the text you want, and then press the "Enter" key to save the changes.
- Click the "ASSIGN" button. A row containing these details, plus the DSOS license type, is added underneath.
- Note:Once a DSOS license has been bound to an account, it can only be moved to another player (see details below), but not to another account.
- If the target player is connected to the SpinetiX Cloud, it will automatically get the DSOS license (this can take up to 5 minutes, when the player is in SLOW SYNC mode) - once done, a "MODIFY" button is shown on the right side.
- Otherwise, a "GET CONFIG" button is shown - click that button to download a configuration file and apply it on the target player.
Modify a DSOS license
To remove a license from a player and/or add it onto another player, follow these steps:
- Click the "MODIFY" button on the corresponding line.
- Delete the serial number. This will remove the license from that player.
- Enter the serial number of the new player. This will assign the DSOS license to the new player.
- Press the "Enter" key to save the changes.