From SpinetiX Support Wiki
- 1 The all-in-one player
- 2 Downloads
- 3 Hardware
- 4 Software
- 5 Content management
The all-in-one player
Share your story with DIVA - Digital Signage Player, SpinetiX all-in-one plug and play media player designed for small businesses. Create and schedule right away for maximum impact. Digital signage has never been easier.
Ready, plug, play.
DIVA makes digital signage easy. With the most compact and robust design on the market, it is simple to install in any environment. You don’t need additional software for content management: DIVA comes with an intuitive built-in interface accessible on your local network and with SpinetiX ARYA – a cloud-based visual communication platform for small business.
|Processor||Texas Instruments DaVinci TMS320DM8148 (ARM Cortex-A8 Core 1GHz)|
|Memory||RAM: 1 GB, DDR3-1066; Bandwidth: 4.3GB/s|
|Storage||8GB solid state eMMC internal storage|
|Operating environment||Ambient temperature: 32 - 104ºF / 0 - 40ºC; automatic shutdown for cooldown|
Storage temperature: -4 to 122ºF / -20 to 50ºC
Relative humidity: 10-90% non-condensing
|Real-time clock (RTC)||Accuracy ±1 min./month; Backup by supercap (40 days)|
|Dimmensions||W x H x D: 150 x 23 x 86.5 mm, respectively 5.9 x 0.9 x 3.4 inches|
|Weight||346g ± 5g, respectively 12.2oz|
Input & outputs
|Video output|| 1 x HDMI Port (type A)|
Aspect ratio: 16:9 Horizontal / Vertical
Resolution: 1080p (1920x1080), 720p (1280x720) at 50/60 Hz
Display power saving: DVI, HDMI-CEC
|Audio output||1x line out (3.5 mm stereo jack) or digital audio via HDMI|
| 1 x Ethernet 10/100/1000 MBit/s 8P8C port (a.k.a. RJ45)|
compliant with IEEE 802.3ab, 802.3u and 802.3az standards
Protocols: IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, Zeroconf, HTTP, SSDP / UPnP, Bonjour
Remote configuration: Embedded web server, RPC
|USB port||2 x USB 2.0 (Hi-speed); only for player firmware update|
|Serial port||1 x RS-232 TRS mini-jack (3.5mm) port; used only for service|
The blue button on DiVA is multi-functional allowing to perform different operations depending on how long it is pressed and whether the DiVA device is powered on or powered off during that time - like trigger OSD information, shut down, reset to factory default settings, force Recovery mode, etc.
See Blue button page for more details.
The player has two diagnostic LEDs (power and system), plus two more integrated within the network connector - they can be used to quickly assert the status of the player.
See LED page for more details.
Enclosure / casing
DiVA can be mounted using two M5 bolts - see the technical drawing above for exact coordinates of the mounting holes.
- If the mounting surface is itself well ventilated and/or will help with heat dissipation (e.g. a separate bracket of a display mount) then the DiVA can be mounted flush with the surface, but you should monitor the temperature during use.
- If the mounting surface is attached to another heat source (e.g. the back panel of a display) then you should use standoffs to allow air to circulate around the DiVA, and monitor the temperature closely.
Each DiVA player has a unique serial number that is based on its MAC address. Each player has also a device name, set by default to the player serial number, displayed and configurable within the DiVA Control Center interface.
A sticker with the serial number, barcode, DiVA model and few other information can be found on the bottom side of each player. This helps to identify the unit and it should not be removed.
Logo and printing
- Situations may arise where labels or transfers may need to be applied to the player. This is generally not recommended by SpinetiX as the heat generation of the device may be affected.
- There is almost no risk of a sticker or label removing the logo printed on the player; the printing process used is a special type which results in ink being protected by the outside layer of aluminum itself.
- Any material affixed to the player must be entirely removable without a trace for the unit to remain within warranty.
The typical power consumption, measured in normal conditions is 8W.
External power supply
- Input: 100-240V 50-60Hz.
- Output: 5V DC 3.6A max.
- Case size: 88.5 L x 50 W x 34 H mm. Weight 170 g.
- DC cord: 150cm + 175 mm
See how to correctly power off DiVA.
SpinetiX offers 3 years of Hardware Limited Warranty for DiVA products.
- A 5-year warranty extension can be purchased separately.
- The player has a very low probability of failure because its hardware architecture is free of moving parts. There is no official mean time between failures calculated; the component with the shortest MBTF is currently the internal memory medium - the high-quality cards used by SpinetiX are certified for at least 5 years of use by the manufacturer.
- The warranty does not apply to the external power supply unit, nor the internal memory medium (storage). See General Terms & Conditions of Sale (Exclusions section) for more details.
The operating system is built into the device firmware and is based on the Wind River® Linux 6 distribution, with different adaptations and security patches applied specifically for SpinetiX players. The embedded operating system cannot be changed in any way and no other OS can be installed on the player.
See Security page for more details.
See Firmware page for more details.
|Layer composition||Background app plus non-overlapping zones.|
|Text|| Unicode support (international text); bidirectional (right-to-left, left-to-right)|
Built-in fonts (Western, Cyrillic, Arabic, Greek, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Hindi, etc.)
|Media file formats||Image formats: JPEG, PNG|
Video formats: MPG, MP4, M4V, MOV, WMV
Audio formats are not supported.
|Video codecs|| Multi-video decoding capable, 1080p max|
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC: HP@L4
|Audio codecs||AAC-LC, HE-AAC, AC3, MPEG Layer I, II, III (MP3), WMAv2|
|Animation||Built-in playouts, playlists, and apps|
You don’t need additional software for content management - DIVA comes with an intuitive built-in interface accessible on your local network and is compatible with SpinetiX ARYA™.
SpinetiX ARYA™ is a cloud-based visual communication solution, easy to use and accessible from anywhere. The carefully crafted templates with animations and transitions will show off what’s on sale, opening hours, person showcase, news, menu weather and more.
Built-in web interface
DIVA's intuitive web-based interface is fully responsive and runs on your laptop, mac, tablet, and mobile device so you can prepare and publish content flexibly.
Creating, scheduling and playing high quality content is just a few clicks away. The included templates make it easy to get started. Simply drag and drop content into vertical or horizontal layouts. Use DIVA's templates as they are or customize them as you wish. Or create your own. Your content will play seamlessly in any orientation.
Built into DIVA are 9 high-quality web-based components we call apps that help you create maximum impact today. DIVA’s apps for weather forecasts, clocks, date, time, instant messaging, RSS feeds, QR codes and more help you bring your digital signage to life.