Player content server
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
SpinetiX players feature an embedded web server with an interface dedicated to external content storage, where Elementi, HMD or other clients can publish content onto it using the WebDAV protocol. External clients are allowed to perform the following remote content authoring operations: create, change, move, and delete. The content retrieved by the player from external servers through Scheduled Download or Pull Mode is also stored here.
The content interface can be accessed using any of the following addresses:
- Over HTTP:
- Over HTTP Secure (firmware 4.x required)
The access to the player content server is by default:
- protected on the HMP350 and HMP300 models - you can use the admin user password or create additional users with content authoring rights from the User manager tool.
- not protected on HMP200, HMP130, HMP100 models - you can enable it by setting a content server password from the Security page.
- Opening any of the above addresses in a browser, will just list the files present on the content server, but no authoring operations can be done.
- For security reasons, the default player behavior is to disallow insecure access to its publish server starting with firmware 4.3.0. To ensure backward compatibility when updating from an older firmware version not supporting TLS-SRP, insecure connections are still allowed - resetting the player to factory default settings will activate this feature and the insecure connections will be disallowed. This feature is controlled from HMP Control Center > Network > Server Security.
- From Elementi, you can access the player content server or publish content; alternatively, any WebDAV client can be used to push content.
- The content created with the Content creation tool is stored on a different location.
- When Fusion is enabled, is not possible to publish from Elementi and automatic content pull is restricted to "publish" folder only.