Security settings 3.x
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
HMP offers three levels of security (with fixed usernames), as following:
- Administrative access
- This controls the access to the HMP internal HTTP server (Control Center, Fusion) running on port 80.
- The username is set to "admin" and this cannot be changed.
- By default this is not password-protected and you are strongly advised to protect this area by setting a (good) password.
- If you forget the password, you need to reset the HMP to factory default settings using the device blue button.
- Content access
- This controls the access to the content area of the HMP and the internal WebDAV content server running on port 81.
- The username for content access is set to "content" and cannot be changed.
- The password you set here is required when trying to access the content of the player (from Elementi / HMD, Fusion or direct HTTP link) or to publish / upload content on the HMP.
- Monitoring access
If you have multiple HMPs and you want to set / change their passwords in a centralized manner and not manually from Control Center - for instance to set a new password for all the HMPs every 30 days - you can use the RPC set_password feature of the player.