From SpinetiX Support Wiki
Customer satisfaction is our priority N°1 !
At SpinetiX, we're committed to the customers who rely on our technology every day. SpinetiX Technical Support provides efficient assistance for your products and solutions. With online support services and engineers around the globe, you can rest assured that you’ll receive assistance wherever you are, whenever you need it.
Get support on SpinetiX products
SpinetiX has adopted a multi-tiered support system in order to provide the best possible service in the most efficient possible manner:
- Tier 0 - Online support services.
- SpinetiX Support Wiki is a very exhaustive resource and knowledge base, freely and instantly available. Access in-depth information and examples that will help you take full advantage of the solutions we offer. In addition, our channel partners can access additional resources by logging on our Extranet tailored to meet their commercial as well as technical support needs. This allows users to access information and resolve problems on their own rather having to contact a Help / Service Desk for resolution.
- Tier 1 - Contact your local partner.
- First-line support for basic customer issues is assured by our vast network of local SpinetiX partners. Our channel partners are skilled, trained on our products and available close to you to answer your support inquiry in our local language. The proximity of our partners as well as their expertise and professionalism guarantee you the best-in-class service and make our difference. Their support specialists can handle straightforward and simple problems, which includes troubleshooting methods such as verification of proper hardware and software set up, verification of physical layer issues, resolving username and password problems, reinstalling software applications, assistance with navigating around application menus etc.
- Tier 2 - Contact our distributor partner.
- In most of the countries our local channel partners are supported by certified distribution partners, dedicated to our solutions. Our distributors bring a second level of support locally to assist you with your needs. Their dedicated technical support specialists are experienced and knowledgeable on SpinetiX products and can provide advanced technical troubleshooting and analysis, seek for known solutions related to more complex issues. Their support services may include replacements of various hardware components, software repair, diagnostic testing, and the utilization of remote control tools used to take over the user’s machine for the sole purpose of troubleshooting and finding a solution to the problem.
- Tier 3 - Contact the SpinetiX support team.
- Expert technical support is assured by SpinetiX Support Team. Our engineers are experts in their fields and are not only responsible for handling the most difficult or advanced problems in relation to SpinetiX products, but also with the research and development of solutions to new or unknown issues, designing and developing one or more courses of action, evaluating each of these courses in a test case environment, and implementing the best solution to the problem.
Contact SpinetiX Support team
If you have followed the steps above and need to contact SpinetiX Support directly, then send your inquiry to email@example.com and include the following information in your email:
- Name and / or company
- Where you purchased your SpinetiX product
- Product for which you require support (HMP / DiVA / Elementi / Fusion / Project / Cockpit / Other)
- For HMP / DiVA, please include the serial number of the device, the firmware version and a report from the device.
- For Elementi, please include the software version and license information.
- For a Project, please include an archive of the project.
- If your project is complex, please attempt to reduce it as much as possible while keeping the content that demonstrates the problem - for example, if there is no problem related to video, please remove all the video files from your project.
- For a Fusion project, please include the Fusion version and, if possible, a backup of your content.
- Details about your problem:
- Please describe the actions you took that lead up to the issue, and what you believe should happen.
- If you're seeing an error message, please include the exact text of the error message. Include a screenshot or video of the behavior if necessary.
- Describe how often the issue occurs and provide any other relevant information.
How to get the requested information
- Elementi displays software version and license info in the About dialog (menu Help > About). For license-related issues, include all MAC addresses of your computer.
- On HMP / DiVA devices, most diagnostic information can be obtained via Control Center:
- The serial number of the device is available:
- The firmware version is available on the Firmware page or can be found using the HMP blue button.
- The Report should be generated using the Maintenance page.
After sending an email to us, you will receive an automatic email response from our ticketing system containing the ticket number assigned to your inquiry.
- If you have already provided the requested information, there's no need to re-send it after the automated response.
- After any reply from SpinetiX to the inquiry, in the absence of a subsequent response for more than 72 hours, the ticket is automatically closed.
- In the absence of the minimum information requested above, the time for solving the problem may increase or the ticket may be closed automatically without notice.
If you are replying to an existing support ticket, please always keep the ticket number in the subject field on your email.
For new issues, please send a new email without continuing an older ticket.
Glossary of Support terminology
In order to avoid misunderstandings when communicating with Support, here is a list of usual terms and their meaning to Support:
- Cannot reinstall firmware - the reinstall of HMP Firmware from Recovery mode failed. See Firmware reinstall.
- Cannot update firmware - the incremental update of the HMP Firmware failed. See Firmware Update.
- Black image / screen - there is a black image on the screen instead of the actual video. See Video decoding.
- HMP crash - one or several unexpected HMP restarts (e.g. not due to an user request / action). See Safe mode, Recovery mode, Logs.
- HMP does not power up / HMP is dead - after connecting a valid power supply (from another HMP!), no LED is lighted up within 30 seconds and there's nothing displayed on the screen. See LED.
- HMP shut-down - an HMP200 or greater has been shut down by pressing the blue button. HMP100 / HMP130 cannot (be) shut down. Do not use this to refer to unplugging the power supply of the HMP. See Power off the HMP.
- No image / output - nothing is displayed on the screen. See Display and audio settings on HMP, Power management.
- Unexpected behavior - an HMP not behaving as expected by the user.