Player web interface
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
The built-in responsive player web interface offers access to the full management of the player from a standard web browser. It comes with the following tools:
- Player configuration: Control Center tool and User manager tool
- Content management: Content creation tool and Content scheduling tool for DiVA, HMP300, and HMP350 models.
Connect to the web interface
To access the player web interface, simply enter
http(s)://Player_address/ in a browser address bar.
At this point, you get directed to:
- SpinetiX ARYA™ website in case of DiVA, HMP300, and HMP350 having ARYA mode enabled, or HMP400 and HMP400W without a DSOS license activated.
- Configuration Wizard when the player has not been yet configured.
- Login screen where you need to enter your username and password.
- Control Center home page
- Simplified home page on DiVA, HMP300, and HMP350 models, when the user doesn't have admin rights, composed of three big, clickable areas: Create, Schedule, and player snapshot.
- It is always possible to return to the home page by clicking on the player name on the left side of the top bar menu.
- The default user created on the player is "admin" (it cannot be changed, nor removed), with its default password set to "admin" as well - you are prompted to enter a new password at the last step of the Configuration Wizard - it is strongly recommended changing the default password for obvious security reasons. This can also be done later from the User manager tool.
Control Center home page
The Control Center home page displays general information about the device: player status summary, current settings, the content snapshot, plus some quick links to maintenance tasks. A left side menu provides links to all the other pages in Control Center.
This section contains the player logo, its date/time information, plus six information boxes (clicking on any of them, brings out more information and / or links to configuration pages), as following:
- Up time
- Current running time of the player.
- CPU Load
- Current CPU usage of the player; clicking on the box gives extended info about CPU distribution and frame drops.
- Current use of the player internal storage.
- Current display status.
- Current player firmware. An exclamation mark may be shown in case the firmware needs to be updated. Clicking on the box gives extra information about the firmware update.
This section gives a brief summary of the important settings of the player:
Plus two buttons:
- Enable/Disable ARYA
- Configuration Wizard
This section allows the user to do the following maintenance operations:
- Restore Config
- Restore a configuration backup. This can be used to copy configuration from another player or to restore a previous configuration is cases where a factory reset was performed on the unit for instance. To generate a configuration backup, go to the System pages.
- Monitor with Cockpit
- Open in Cockpit
- This is displayed if the device is monitored by Cockpit and provide a quick link to the player monitoring page of Cockpit for that device.
- Generate Report
- Generate a report from device. This is required whenever the device is not functioning properly and support is needed.
- Restart Now
- Restart the device in case of configuration changes, or any other maintenance operation.
This section shows a snapshot image of what is currently displayed by the player. Click the "Refresh" button to reload the snapshot image.
The top bar menu is present on all the pages of the player web interface and provides the following quick links:
- Device name - click to go to Home page.
- CREATE - click to open the content creation tool.
- SCHEDULE - click to open the content scheduling tool.
- Gear icon - click to open the Control Center home page.
- User icon - click to open the User manager tool.
- SIGN OUT - click to sign out from the player interface.
Custom HTML interface
You can add a custom HTML interface on the HMP300 and HMP350 players by including a simple index.html page or an "interface" folder (containing an index.html, plus some other files, like CSS, scripts, etc.) within your project and publish it onto the player.
- The file interface/index.html takes precedence over index.html.
- The "title" element of this index.html page will be added as an entry onto the top bar menu interface.
- The interface page should not contain absolute links to other files within the project, only relative links are guaranteed to work reliably.
This custom HTML interface can be used, for instance, to control the content displayed by the player - for that use an "Action to Switch" interactive widget inside the project and update the Shared Variable controlling it through Web Storage REST API calls from the custom HTML interface.
- In case of using IE browser to access the player web interface, make sure that compatibility mode is disabled.
- Internal Server Error - The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
- If this error is received when trying to connect to the player web interface, then either the firmware got corrupted or the player is incorrectly configured - the solution is to install the latest firmware package from Recovery mode.