From SpinetiX Support Wiki
This page is about the video-input feature of the HMP400, HMP400W, and third-party players. See also Video decoding and Video output pages.
Starting with the DSOS 4.7.1, the HMP400, HMP400W, and third-party players support the playback of content generated by one or more audio/video capture devices connected through USB. The DSOS 4.7.2 further improved the compatibility of USB video capture devices and extended the HDMI capture to support RAW mode.
To display the content captured by the USB video input device, simply add a video-in layer into your project.
- Multiple USB audio/video capture devices can be plugged, for instance by using a USB hub - in this case, they can be referenced through identifiable indexes, assigned to them from Control Center ⇾ Peripherals ⇾ Capture or by using a configuration backup file. The number of videos that can be decoded and displayed in the same time is however limited.
- High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) protected video-in signal is not supported.
USB video capture devices
Here are some examples of USB video capture devices known to be compatible with our products:
|Device||Added on||Tested by||Notes|
|Elgato Cam Link 4K||2022-06-13||SpinetiX||4K@30fps, 1080p@60fps|
|Sandberg HDMI Capture Link to USB-C||2022-06-13||SpinetiX||4K@30fps, 1080p@60fps|
|AverMedia ExtremeCap UVC||2022-06-13||SpinetiX||1080p@60fps|
|ATEN CamLive Uc3020||2022-06-13||SpinetiX||1080p@60fps|
This list is not exhaustive, and you are invited to share your experiences with devices you have successfully tested, so the list remains up-to-date.
- The input from some cameras, such as Logitech ConferenceCam Connect and Logitech C930e, might not work correctly when using the MJPEG format. The workaround is to switch to YUYV 640x360 30 fps raw capture or to use webpage streaming (WebRTC).
- The video-in capture playback might stop after a few hours on some devices, like ATEN CamLive Uc3020 and Elgato Cam Link 4K, when connected to the USB port dedicated for Display Port video output. In such cases, it's recommended to connect the source to another USB port, like the one for analog audio output.
- The playback of content captured by the USB video input device is not working properly in firmware 4.7.6 - the video might be missing and the audio is distorted.