Matrox Maevex 6122 Dual 4K Encoder
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
This article explains how to set up a Matrox® Maevex 6122 Dual 4K encoder with a SpinetiX DSOS player to show a video feed on a display. The Matrox Maevex 6122 is an HDMI video encoder that delivers dual 4K capture, encode, stream, and record - with zero latency pass-through. The encoder supports multiple streaming protocols, and has two Gigabit Ethernet ports, allowing for dual network streaming or to separate networks for control data and video data.
For more details, visit the Matrox website.
The Matrox Maevex 6122 Dual 4K Encoder is compatible with the following SpinetiX devices:
The tutorial below was done with an HMP400 running DSOS 4.7.7.
Maevex 6122 inputs and outputs
- Difficulty: Medium.
- Total duration: 20 - 25 minutes.
- Download and install Elementi software on your PC.
- Download and install the PowerStream Plus software on your computer.
- Prepare a video input source, such as an Apple TV.
Set up the encoder
- Connect the video input source to one of the encoder's HDMI IN ports.
- Connect a network cable to the LAN1 port on the back of the device.
- Connect the encoder's power cable and press its power button.
Set up the stream
- Open the PowerStream Plus application - it automatically detects all Matrox devices found on the network.
- Click on the menu button in the top left corner, and log in, to be able to configure the device's settings.
- Double-click on the Maevex 6122 device.
- Select "Processing" tab on the left-side menu and find the details of the video source connected to the HDMI IN port.
- Under the "Encodings ⇾ Streams" section, find the RTSP address (e.g., rtsp://172.21.1.75:3049/S1) for accessing the stream - you will use it later within your Elementi project.
- Use an application like VLC to test the playback of the stream.
The final step is to create an Elementi project having a streaming layer that displays the video output of the Matrox Maevex 6122 encoder. For this, follow the steps below - alternatively, download the sample project on the right and just change the streaming layer's URI to the RTSP address of your stream.
- Open Elementi and how to create a project
- Once the project has been created, double-click on its icon in the Browse panel to open it.
- Add the streaming media
- On the toolbar click on the "Fit Screen" button to cover the entire visible area.
- Save your work.
- Publish the project to your player.
You should now be able to see the Maevex 6122 encoder's stream playing on your display.
This tutorial described how to create a simple Elementi project to display a video source streamed with the Matrox Maevex 6122 encoder, but it can be extended to create a widget to use with SpinetiX ARYA or as part of more complex Elementi projects.