From SpinetiX Support Wiki
Each SpinetiX player can be uniquely identified by its serial number, which is based on its MAC address (except for HMP400). A friendlier device name can be assigned to the player - initially, this is set to its serial number.
A sticker with the serial number, barcode (of the serial number), the player model, and few other information can be found on the bottom side of each player. This helps to identify the unit and it should not be removed.
Each player has a unique MAC address for network identification, having the following format:
mmstands for player model, as in:
xstands for a hexadecimal digit (that is 0-9, a-f).
To find out the player MAC address briefly press and release its blue button to trigger On Screen Display (OSD).
All models have a unique “service serial number” having the following format:
001d50mmxxxx - basically the MAC address (see details above) without the colon separator. Additionally, on the HMP400 models, you will find a shorter serial number composed of 8 alpha-numeric characters, as following:
X2cccccc for HMP400 and
X3cccccc for HMP400W.
- The serial number of the player cannot be changed in any way.
- You can find out the player serial number on the sticker on the bottom side of the player case or on the connected display by briefly pressing and releasing its blue button. If you have network access to the player, you can also find it on Control Center home page.
- The serial number of third-party players is based on the board serial number, the system serial number, or the chassis serial number from SMBIOS data.
Each player has a device name, set by default to the player serial number, displayed and configurable within the Control Center interface. The device name is advertised on the network through device discovery protocols and it is shown within Elementi Devices or in Windows Explorer.
To change the device name, follow these steps:
- Open Control Center and go to:
- Enter the new device name - only ASCII charters, underscore and the hyphen; spaces are not allowed.
- Click the "Apply" button.