From SpinetiX Support Wiki
Elementi 2023 is the ninth generation of the Elementi software, introducing the following new features:
- Added support the new SpinetiX players: iBX410 and iBX440.
- Added a new project model: "DSOS 8K", to be used with iBX440 players.
- Added support for importing HDR and 8K videos. HDR videos are tone-mapped on import.
- Added support for close subtitling/captioning (CC) on video files or streaming media - subtitles can now be displayed on the screen in the selected language; supported formats: EIA-708 (Line 21), Teletext, DVB, DVD, Blu-ray, SSA.
- Added SRT protocol support for streaming sources. This is a Technology Preview Feature.
- Added support for logging into SpinetiX ARYA™ using Google/Facebook social accounts or SSO, for cloud users set up to use those means of authentication, in addition to the previously supported e-mail and password credentials.
- September 27, 2023 - Elementi 2023
Elementi 2023 comes with more than 250 widgets. Each widget offers different parameters / properties that the user can change from the interface, thus allowing for further customization of the widget functionality without having to modify the code behind. These resources are accessible using the "Widgets" tab within the Browse panel and are divided into several collections, as detailed below.
To use any resource from the widget library, follow these steps:
- Create a new project or open an existing one. The content of the project is shown in the Preview panel.
- Click on the "Widgets" tab within the Browse panel.
- Navigate inside the collection holding the widget you want to use.
- The built-in widgets can be opened for viewing directly from the "Widgets" tab, but they cannot be modified.
- Drag and drop the widget into the Preview panel or into the Edit panel.
- The widget is automatically copied into the active project.
- Double-click on the widget icon within the Edit panel to access and configure its properties (if any).
The following collections of widgets are included into Elementi 2021 widget library:
|Backgrounds||Useful for replacing simple solid-color background images within the content.|
|Cliparts||SVG-based clip art images: 8 arrows, 195 country flags, and 12 horoscope signs.|
|Clocks||Analog and digital clock widgets to display the current time of the local / selected time zone.|
|Dates||Display the current date in different calendars, beyond the Gregorian calendar, like Hebrew, Islamic, Japanese, etc.|
|Counters||Display different counter animations measuring the elapsed time from a date / time or remaining time to a date / time.|
|Sun & Moon||Display content related to sun & moon phases.|
|Text Effects||Improve the aspect of text content entered within Elementi interface, with effects like shadow, rotation, blur, glow, etc.|
|Text Crawlers||Display inline text content using different crawling effects.|
|QR Codes||Generate QR codes on the fly.|
|Flickr||Display images provided by Flickr.|
|Yammer||Display data provided by Yammer.|
|RSS||Display data extracted from RSS feeds.|
|Text||Display data extracted from text files.|
|Spreadsheets||Display data extracted from online or local spreadsheet files.|
|Calendars||Display data extracted from online or local calendar files.|
|Media||Display media files retrieved from online or local media folders.|
|Charts||Display charts (column, line, pie, etc.) from CSV spreadsheet data sources.|
|Gauges||Display circular / linear gauges from CSV spreadsheet data sources.|
|Finance||Display financial data, like exchange rate and market data.|
|Weather||Display weather information.|
|Data Feeds||These advanced widgets can be used to display content extracted from data sources based on any type of text-based format. This collection is available only for Elementi X users.|
|Screen Control||Send different commands to the connected screen, like power on/off the screen, set volume level, or select a screen input.|
|Interactivity||Create interactive projects.|
|Sample Projects||Five sample projects are provided to help the user getting started with content creation.|