Elementi Update Plan
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
For full screen, see this video on Vimeo.
The Elementi Update Plan subscription service was introduced at the launch of Elementi 2015, as a convenient way for our long-supporting customers to be able to update their existing Elementi 3.x deployments to the latest product version at a lower cost than buying new licenses for that purpose. In the same manner, new customers benefit of the same convenience for updating to future Elementi products.
Why do I need a valid Elementi Update Plan?
SpinetiX is committed to keeping its Elementi software at the forefront of digital signage innovation. Elementi users can expect on-going evolution and improvements for an ultimate experience bringing digital signage to the next level. Therefore, the Elementi Update Plan offers many user benefits which could be summarized as follows:
- Up-to-date software
- The plan provides users access to the latest software features and performance optimizations. Since its market introduction, Elementi has continuously evolved over the five generations of the software. Thanks to the 250+ widgets added over time, the power of data-driven digital signage is a reality for Elementi users. The fast track to bringing data from everyday tools beautifully to the right audience at the right time.
- Maximum security
- Important cybersecurity attacks have recently caused severe disruption of IT services and costly remediation for those affected across many sectors in numerous industries. As the prevalence of connected digital signage systems increases, the number of attacks will not diminish, so it is important to have security as a core requirement when planning, deploying and operating digital signage solutions. In this context, the plan ensures that both HMP devices and Elementi software benefit from the latest security patches and remain fully compatible giving peace of mind to users.
- Best in class support
- The plan provides the user with best in class support from our free-access technical documentation on Support Wiki up to a local personalized support from our channel ecosystem.
- Unlimited flexibility
How does it work?
It's simple - the purchase of a new Elementi license comes with one-year Update Plan subscription included, which starts when the license is activated for the first time on a PC. See Elementi EULA for more details.
Any new Elementi version released within this one-year period can be installed and used for free. With other words, not only that you will get minor bug-fixing releases for the Elementi version you purchased, but might also be getting the next Elementi product for free!
Will Elementi stop working at the end of Update Plan subscription?
Of course not! You can continue to use the Elementi version downloaded and installed during its Update Plan period for as long as you like.
What changes at the end of the subscription period, is that are you are no longer entitled to free software updates. When a new Elementi version is released, you'll be notified that your Elementi Update Plan has expired and that you need to extend your Update Plan to get access to the latest version of Elementi. This is a premium service accessible through Cockpit.
Can I test the the lastest available Elementi version?
Yes, Elementi versions released after the Update Plan end-date, can be installed and tested for 30 days. After this trial period, you need to decide whether you want to keep using the newer version by purchasing the Elementi Update Plan or downgrading Elementi to the previous version.
When can I buy the Elementi Update Plan?
At any time! Simply log into your Cockpit account and purchase your Elementi Update Plan for 1 or for 3 years to benefit from all major and minor commercial updates that SpinetiX is making available to Elementi software users during the contracted subscription period.
Buy Elementi Update Plan
To buy the Elementi Update Plan for one or more registered licenses, follow these steps:
- Once notified in Elementi, click "Extend Update Plan".
- You'll get redirected to Cockpit. Log into your Cockpit account.
- Click the "Elementi" page link on the top-bar menu.
- Find the license for which you want to extend the Update Plan.
- Click "Buy" or alternatively "Early Bird Offer".
- Choose the duration of your plan and hit the "Buy" button again.
- On the "Order Summary" page, enter any missing details or change them in case they are not correct. By default, your Cockpit account details are used for your order.
- Verify the order details and click either "Request Offer" or "Buy" button.
- Click the "Buy" button to directly purchase the Elementi Update Plan via a credit card. Your Update Plan is directly activated after the purchase.
- Click the "Request Offer" button to generate an offer - our Sales Team will contact you with more details about your order.