From SpinetiX Support Wiki
The "Multiscreen ID" is useful when the HMP is part of a video wall displaying a multiscreen project, because it identifies a particular content area that the player should display from the entire content. Each HMP device has a configurable multiscreen ID, which is set by default to the player serial number.
To find out the player multiscreen ID briefly press and release its blue button to trigger On Screen Display (OSD), and look for the Screen ID entry.
To change the device multiscreen ID, follow these steps:
- Open Control Center interface of that player.
- Depending on the HMP model, go to:
- Under "Multiscreen ID" setting, enter the ID of the content area that the player should display.
- Usually, the multiscreen ID is written as "screen-1-1", "screen-1-2" (row 1, column 2) and so on - in case of doubt, click on the "Multiscreen" button on the toolbar.
- In Elementi 2015, you can select "Show Screen IDs" in the "Multiscreen" button on the top bar to have the screen IDs shown within the Preview panel.
- Press on the "Apply" button to save the new value.
Multiscreen ID error screen
Starting with firmware 3.1.0, when publishing a multiscreen project on an HMP device that is not associated to a content area within the multiscreen project, that HMP is displaying an error screen having this text: "Multiscreen ID setup required". When this happens, you need to either associate the player to a content area from Elementi or configure the Multiscreen ID of that player to match a content area.
- If needed, it is possible to force displaying the full content by explicitly using "fullscreen" as Multiscreen ID on the HMP; this should be done with care to ensure that the HMP can actually display the entire content, because otherwise the HMP would enter into Safe mode.
- For firmware lower than 3.1.0, the HMP which is not correctly configured, would try to display the full content or enter otherwise into Safe mode.