From SpinetiX Support Wiki
Each Hyper Media Player™ (HMP) device can be uniquely identified by its serial number and MAC address. The player has also a device name, which is initially the same as the serial number, but this can be changed at any time by the owner.
Each HMP device has a unique MAC address for network identification, having the following format:
00:1d:50:tx:xx:xx , where:
tstands for player family, as in:
xstands for a hexadecimal digit (that is 0-9, a-f).
To find out the player MAC address briefly press and release its blue button to trigger On Screen Display (OSD).
Each HMP device has a unique serial number for physical identification, having the following format:
001d50txxxxx (see details above). It contains the characters of its MAC address, without the colon separator (:). The serial number of the player cannot be changed in any way.
To find out the player serial number either check the sticker on the bottom side of the player or briefly press and release its blue button to trigger On Screen Display (OSD).
A sticker with a barcode representing the player serial number can be found on the bottom side of each player.
- For the HMP200, there is one barcode on the device, unique to that device, a matching barcode on the packaging, then a further barcode on the packaging which is the product ID, which will be the same across groups of devices.
Each HMP device has a device name, which is set by default to the player serial number, that can be used to assign a human-friendly name to the player. The device name is displayed within the Control Center interface and within Elementi Devices. It is also advertised on the network through Bonjour service.
To change the device name, follow these steps:
- Open HMP Control Center and go to:
- Enter the new device name.
- The name can only contain ASCII charters, underscore and the hyphen; spaces are not allowed in the name.
- Click the "Apply" button.