From SpinetiX Support Wiki
Applies to Elementi 2016 and later.
- Open your Elementi project. If you need to create one, check out how to create a project.
- Click the "Widgets" tab in the Browse panel.
- Open the "Flickr" folder.
- Pick a widget (like Text Ticker, Slideshow, Table, etc.) that best fits the layout you want to present the data with.
- Import that widget into your project.
- Configure the widget to use your data.
- Media Playlist
- Displays a playlist of images from Flickr.
- Media Crawler
- Displays the images from Flickr using a continuous scrolling effect.
- Displays slides composed of text & media layers, which are automatically filled out with the data from Flickr. The slides are displayed one after another, with or without a transition effect in between, similarly to a playlist.
- Horizontal Table, Vertical Table, and Table
- Displays slides composed of multiple cells of text & media layers, which are automatically filled out with the data retrieved from Flickr. The slides are displayed one after another, with or without a transition effect in between, similarly to a playlist.
Each of the widgets above can be customized using the options provided under "Properties" tab - for more details go to the dedicated page of each widget type, linked above.
Data source setup
To edit the properties related to the data source, click on the button. This opens the "Data Properties" dialog, which allows changing the following:
- Select one of the connected Flickr accounts or click "Connect account..." if none was previously connected.
- Select the source of the data to be displayed between "Camera Roll", "Photstream", "Favorites", "Album", "Gallery", and "Follow".
- If "Album" or "Gallery" is chosen, this options let you select the title of the Album/Gallery to be displayed.
- If "Follow" is chosen, this options let you select the name of the user's data to be displayed.
- Resolution of the images to be downloaded
- Max count
- Max number of images to be retrieved.
- Enter a number, optionally followed by
h, to specify the period after which the widget should refresh the feed data (this is useful especially when the widget is running in a loop); the minimum accepted value is 60 seconds. Using "
When document opens" will refresh the data only when the document is re-opened.
- Enter a number, optionally followed by
Flickr channel connection
- Create a Cockpit account, if you don't have one.
- Register your Elementi license into your Cockpit account.
- Add your players into your Cockpit account.
- Connect your Flickr account to your Cockpit account.
When selecting this channel in the "Data Properties" dialog, your existing Flickr accounts are automatically retrieved from Cockpit and displayed in the "Account" drop-down box. If you need to connect a new account, follow these steps:
- Select "Connect account..." option .
- Click the link displayed within the "Connect account..." dialog to open it in a browser.
- If you are not signed into your Cockpit account, you are asked to do that.
- Cockpit then checks that your Elementi license is registered into your Cockpit account; if not, you are asked to do that.
- You are then redirected to the Flickr website. Log into your account there, if you are not already.
- Then, you need to authorize the SpinetiX app to access the specified information of your Flickr account.
- Once done, you are redirected back to Cockpit channels page and you can find your account listed under "Connected Accounts".
- Then, return to Elementi and click the "OK" button within the "Connect Account..." dialog.
- The list of accounts is refreshed and you can select the new one from the "Account" drop-down box.
- You get this message: Problem detected with target device. Widgets using channels will not work properly. Are you sure you want to continue?
- This happens when trying to publish a project containing Flickr widgets and one or more of the target HMPs have not been added to Cockpit.
- To solve the issue, open the HMP Control Center and add the player to Cockpit using the same account as the one used to registered the Elementi license into Cockpit
- Multiscreen usage.