Elementi license release
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
This page is related to Elementi license.
To allow for equipment becoming obsolete, SpinetiX is providing a license release tool directly within the Elementi software, which allows releasing your Elementi license from the current PC in order to activate the license on a new PC.
- Currently, there's no limit set for the total number of releases that can be done using this procedure, however, this process is tracked and releasing an Elementi license in an abusive manner will block that license and prevent it from be installed on another computer.
- Alternatively, you can use the "Emergency license release procedure" up to three times.
Release the license from Elementi
To release the Elementi License from your current computer A and install it on a new computer B, please follow these steps:
- Open Elementi on computer A.
- Open the License dialog ("Menu" > "Help" > "License...").
- Click on the "Release" button and confirm the release of the license.
- In case Elementi cannot contact SpinetiX server, you need to perform a manual release - see details below.
- Elementi will exit so you can uninstall the software from computer A.
- Once the license has been released, it will no longer be possible to run Elementi on this computer.
- Install Elementi on computer B.
- It is recommended to first test that the computer is compatible with Elementi requirements using the Elementi 30-day free trial.
- Activate the license on computer B.
Manual release procedure
This procedure is employed when Elementi cannot contact SpinetiX server.
- Copy the release string provided by Elementi.
- Open http://www.spinetix.com/go/activation in a browser.
- Log into your Cockpit account, if necessary. The "Manual Activation" opens.
- Paste the release string provided by Elementi.
- Click the "Activate" button.
- Go back to Elementi and click "OK", then "Close".
- Continue the steps detailed above.
Emergency license release from Cockpit
In case it is not possible to follow the above procedure (for instance, the original PC is no longer available / accessible), then you can use the emergency release procedure up to three times. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open https://cockpit.spinetix.com and log into your Cockpit account.
- If you don't have an account, then sign up for one. Note that accounts from our Extranet (https://www.spinetix.com) are not valid on Cockpit.
- Click on the "Elementi" link on the top menu to get the list of all your registered licenses.
- If your license is not on the list, then register your Elementi license under your account.
- Click on the license key you want to release to open the license details page (as shown on the right).
- Click on the "Emergency Release" orange button on top of the page to force the release of that license within our system.
- The emergency license release procedure is strictly limited to 3 attempts, therefore it must only be used in real cases of emergency!
- Already used the three emergency license releases? Buy the Elementi Update Plan and have the counter reset.
In some cases, it may be necessary to manually remove the license information from Elementi - for that, follow these steps:
- Close Elementi.
- Open Windows "Run" utility (press window + R keys).
- Enter the following command:
- Click the OK button to open Elementi application data folder.
- Delete the license.txt file.
- Restart Elementi.
If the problem persists, then delete the profile.xml file as well, using the same procedure as above.