From SpinetiX Support Wiki
This page contains some checklist of steps to follow when troubleshooting player problems. Make sure to check the Get started with the player tutorial beforehand.
No image on the screen
- Check that the screen in turned on and the correct input source is selected.
- Restart the player and check whether the splash screen is shown.
- Wait for the player to boot up and check that it is running normally - the SYS LED blinks green and the PWR LED is solid green.
- If any LED is red, then see the LED page for more details about that particular case.
- Make sure that there's some content set to be displayed and there's no display power saving turned on.
- Check with another display cable.
- Check with another screen, preferably from a different manufacturer.
Cannot connect to the player
- Check that the player is running normally - the SYS LED blinks green and the PWR LED is solid green.
- Check that the Ethernet cable is correctly connected on both ends.
- Check the activity of the network LED(s) on your player side.
- Check that you have correctly written the player address on your web browser - briefly press and release the player blue button to have them displayed on the screen.
- Check that the web browser does not have a proxy configured, preventing access.
- Check the network configuration of your PC allows connecting to the player's IP address.
- Note that your PC might indicate that only limited network connectivity is available - this will not prevent connecting to the player.
- If the player is using an auto-configured IP in the range 169.254.*.*, then the IP of your PC must be in the same range - you might need to manually change the IP configuration of your PC.
- Check with another network cable.
Player doesn't start
If the player fails to start, follow these steps:
- Unplug all the cables from the player.
- Connect only the power supply cable.
- Check the player LED(s) for any activity.
- If there is no LED activity then try a valid alternative power supply. Warning: Do not use a 3rd party power supply.
- Check that the (SYS) LED blinks green.
- Connect the display cable - no display signal? See above.
- Connect the network cable - no network access? See above.
- Use the blue button to reset the player to factory default settings.
- Use the blue button to force Recovery mode and flush the player firmware.
If the player still doesn't start, contact us - please include the result of each step in your email.