Content Settings 3.x
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
The "Content Settings" page can be accessed from the "Administration" menu, and contains the following tabs:
- Content Source
- Pull Mode
- Allows configuring how the HMP should periodically retrieve content from a web server.
- Web storage
- Allows clearing the content data stored permanently on the player.
Content Source tab
From the "Content Source" tab you can:
- Configure the primary and the fallback sources from where the HMP plays the content.
- Configure how an external USB storage device should be used by the HMP (i.e. either as plug & play storage or as permanent external storage).
- Perform different actions of the detected USB storage devices.
Primary and fallback sources
- Local Storage (default value)
- The HMP should play the content stored locally, either on its internal storage or on a USB storage device connected to the HMP, depending on the value of the "Set Local Storage to USB storage device when available" option.
- Network Project
- The HMP should play the content from a server (for more details, see Client/Server mode page). When setting this, you also need to enter the HTTP(S) URL pointing to a remote location containing the project to be played - the HMP automatically looks for an index.svg in this location. Note that if your server requires a username and a password, you can enter them on the Network Settings page.
Detected USB storage devices
When a USB storage device is connected to the HMP, the following details of the USB device are displayed in this section:
- the USB storage size in Mbytes;
- the USB storage status as: "Not currently in use", "Used for: Updates", "Writable: no", or "Writable: yes".
As long as the USB storage device has not been activated, the USB device status is set to "Not currently in use" and the following actions can be performed:
- Publish USB content to HMP internal storage
- Since 3.1.0 release, a "Publish USB content to HMP" button is present allowing to copy the content present on the USB storage device on the HMP local storage.
After the USB storage device is activated, then the HMP considers the external USB device either as plug & play USB storage or as permanent USB storage, depending on the file system type present of the USB device being FAT32 or ext3/ext4. In this case, the status can be either "Writable: no" or "Writable: yes", depending on how the USB storage device was formatted, and the following actions can be performed:
- Disconnect USB storage device
- The "Disconnect" button is present when the USB storage device is in use as local storage for the HMP. It is recommended to use the "Disconnect" button before removing the USB device from the HMP, especially if the USB storage device is in write mode.
- Copy HMP internal storage content to USB storage
- Since 3.1.0 release, a "Copy HMP internal storage to USB" button is present allowing to copy the content present on the HMP local storage on the USB storage device. For instance, you can move the content created within Fusion to a USB device having a larger storage.
Activate the USB storage device
To configure the HMP to use a USB drive connected on its USB port as local storage (instead of the HMP internal storage), follow these steps:
- Open the "Content Settings" page of HMP Control Center. The page indicates that the local storage is currently set to the HMP internal storage.
- Make sure that the "Primary source" is set to "Local Storage".
- Enable the "Set Local Storage to USB storage device when available" option.
- Click the "Apply" button.
- Insert the USB drive into the USB port of the HMP. If the USB drive was already connected, you need to re-connect it.
- Wait for few seconds and then click the "Reload" button. The page should indicate that the local storage is currently set to USB storage.
Note: To increase the caching space of the HMP internal storage, you can click the "Clear HMP internal storage" button.
Format the USB storage
The "Format Now" button allows formatting the USB storage device - beside clearing any data existing on the USB device, this also turns the USB device into a permanent writable local storage (thus allowing the content to be published to that HMP).
To format a USB storage, follow these steps:
- Plug the USB storage to the HMP and wait for it to be detected.
- Press the "Format Now" button.
- Wait for the formatting to be completed (the duration depends on the size of the USB storage). For instance, for a 250GB drive the duration is approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Unplug the USB storage device from the HMP.
- Reconnect the USB storage device to the HMP.
Note: The maximum supported size of the external USB storage device is around 500 GB for HMP200 & HMP130 models, respectively 2 TB for HMP350 & HMP300 models.
Pull Mode tab
From this tab you can configure the Pull Mode mechanism, which governs how the HMP should periodically retrieve / upload content from a web server.
Pull Mode can be enabled by selecting one of the three available options:
- Manual settings
- From uploaded iCalendar file (ics)
- From remote iCalendar file (ics)
Web storage tab
On this tab, you can find information about the size of the content data stored permanently on the player.
- To remove this data, press the "Clear All" button.
- For more details about how to use this feature, see the Web Storage API page.