HMD release notes
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
- 1 HMD 2.2.7 (18.11.2013)
- 2 HMD 2.2.6 (27.02.2013)
- 3 HMD 2.2.5 (06.09.2012)
- 4 HMD 2.2.4 (23.01.2012)
- 5 HMD 2.2.3 (28.10.2011)
- 6 HMD 2.2.2 (20.06.2011)
- 7 HMD 2.2.1 (20.04.2011)
- 8 HMD 2.2.0 (18.02.2011)
- 9 HMD 2.1.2 (31.05.2010)
- 10 HMD 2.1.1 (23.03.2010)
- 11 HMD 2.1.0 (24.02.2010)
- 12 HMD 2.0.4 (05.11.2009)
- 13 HMD 2.0.3 (08.09.2009)
- 14 HMD 2.0.2 (22.06.2009)
- 15 HMD 2.0.1 (19.05.2009)
- 16 HMD 2.0 (20.03.2009)
- 17 HMD 1.1 (11.09.2008)
- 18 HMD 1.0 (28.04.2008)
The latest Hyper Media Director is version "Jungfrau" 2.2.7 released on 18.11.2013.
- If you intent using the latest version 2.2.x of HMD, you need to update your HMP devices simultaneously to firmware 2.2.x.
- Content created with HMD 2.2.x may not be compatible with previous firmware version; see also the Software / firmware compatibility table.
- If you plan to update the devices of an existing installation, we recommend you to test your content on an updated test-device at first.
- Also check the known issues of the HMD software.
HMD 2.2.7 (18.11.2013)
- Crashes may occur when accessing content on password protected HTTP servers and /or HMP players.
HMD 2.2.6 (27.02.2013)
- It was not possible to change the language of HMD when the current user was different from the one having installed HMD.
- HMD could crash when resizing an image with effects applied.
- License information about third party components was outdated.
- Secure HTTP (i.e. HTTP over SSL/TLS) connections could hang in a busy loop when being closed if the server has already closed its side, eventually locking up all HTTP connections and wasting CPU. This is a regression that was introduced in 2.2.5 when fixing a possible hang of secure HTTP connections over unstable networks.
- Fix security vulnerability CVE-2012-5134 in libxml2 library.
- Some of the fade out effects were not working, any content created with fade out effects need to be recreated with this new version of HMD to correct the issue.
jSignage has been updated to version 0.9.6, which fixes the following issues:
- The parseRSS() function was not working in web browsers.
- Double <tbreak> in the text layout algorithm was not working in web browser.
attr( elem, null )was not removing the attribute as expected. Note that this behavior is compliant with the jQuery code, even if this is not documented as such in the jQuery documentation.
- Default alignment for vertical text ticker is now 'center'.
xml:space='preserve'for all text elements to keep the spacing as entered by the user.
- Added safeguard limits on rx,ry and padding attributes to be smaller than the rectangle they are applied to.
- Regexp could cause infinite loops.
- Blink effect can now have an opacity.
- Various fixes for the reflect shadow.
- Various fixes for the Soft edge.
- Duration of fade to black/white and zoom transitions was the double what it should be.
- Pivot out effect was not working.
- Added configurable reflect shadow size.
- Added configurable border opacity.
- Default wipe type set to random.
- Adding audio out effect was not working.
HMD 2.2.5 (06.09.2012)
Minor features / improvements
- Updated embedded jSignage to version 0.9.5
.sdpfiles and RTSP session data allow to select specific audio and video channels within as streamed MPEG-2 transport stream, instead of the default.
.mpegpsfile extensions are now recognized as MPEG-2 Program Stream files.
- Increased the default size of the streaming demuxing buffer to 3MB and made it configurable via the new
spx:maxDemuxingBufferSize(in bytes) attribute on SVG media elements.
- Optimized parsing of MPEG-2 transport streams when streaming, in particular when they contain H.264 video, leaving more processor time available for other tasks.
- HMD would crash if the user pressed the quick publish button, and that the target device was no longer available on the network.
- HMD would not correctly subscribe to multicast groups when the streaming source IP address is known, depending on the network topology this could result in no packets being received from the streaming source.
- When an HTTP redirect was received the user was not notified and the link in the finder did not reflect the new location.
- Changes to the date or time in HMD were not immediately reflected in the content being displayed.
- Import of PowerPoint files with uncommon aspect ratios was not working.
- HMD would allow importing pre-standard Microsoft MPEG-4 videos, although they are not supported by HMP; they are now rejected as they are not supported.
- Some of the bundled cliparts were not properly aligned.
- HMD failed to start under some regional settings of Windows (e.g., Luxembourgish)
- Under some conditions, <use> elements are not rendered correctly.
- Special characters such as end of line (\n, \r and \t) where removed from the XML when using .text attribute (regression in 2.2.4).
- H.264 streaming sometimes failed to decode some streams with some uncommon fields.
- H.264 streaming over RTSP could fail, depending on encapsulation type, to detect picture boundaries and no content could be decoded.
- The buffers used for streaming sources could become unbounded under some rare circumstances with corrupted streams; now a maximum buffer size is imposed and when exceeded the queue is cleared and a warning message output to the resources.log file ("maximum queue size exceeded").
- Some H.264 streaming sources (usually HD) failed to decode because the default picture reordering buffer was too small.
- Streaming sources using MPEG-2 transport streams could lose audio or video when the timestamps are not properly set; the recovery logic in the event of broken timestamps has been improved to avoid this situation. In addition a warning log is now generated when large jumps in timestamps are detected.
- Using .sdp files to describe streaming sources was not working (regression introduced in 2.2.0)
- An HTTP redirect from an http to an https URL was not followed.
- A font cache used for text shaping could grow too large for the player causing memory thrashing and out of memory errors when fonts with large !OpenType tables were used in numerous sizes and variants; the number of cached font patterns has been reduced to avoid this problem.
- A empty match with onInput on FSM protocol files did not set the $1, $2, etc. variables as expected.
- In some cases the FSM protocol engine did not advance the input on ignored characters.
- The debug log level was treated as more detailed than trace by the FSM protocol engine, now trace is more detailed than debug as expected.
- Updated APR and APR-utils as some minor bugs could potentially affect the player.
- HTTP errors returned by a server would be shown as unknown errors in the logs instead of HTTP errors.
- Updated expat library to fix CVE-2012-1147 and CVE-2012-1148
HMD 2.2.4 (23.01.2012)
Minor features / improvements
- Note that the version included is beta and may be subject to change before the final release of jSignage 1.0.
- Added a new spx:transport attribute to SVG media elements to specify the RTP transport to use when controlling the session via RTSP, valid values are the following.
- tcp: request RTP streaming interleaved within the RTSP TCP connection, this allows to do RTP / RTSP streaming over NAT routers and firewalls which do not have transparent RTP / RTSP support but has the disadvantages of TCP based streaming (i.e. head of line blocking and conflicting TCP rate control) causing uncontrolled delay under adverse network conditions.
- unicast: request unicast RTP streaming over UDP.
- multicast: request multicast RTP streaming (always UDP).
- attribute not set: use the server's default, typically unicast or multicast RTP over UDP.
- 0: normal mode
- 1: preview mode (can be used to generate custom preview in HMD)
- Added Spanish translation.
- HMD created an invalid index.svg file when running under the German language.
- The playlist template was updated to avoid the possibility that the playlist is detected as finished before its actual end, affected playlists need to be recreated after updating HMD.
- HMD rendering of Arabic text in the preview was incorrect (regression in HMD 2.2.3).
- Line breaking of Arabic and Indic languages was not correct in HMD.
- HMD could occasionally crash when saving a preview due to a race condition.
- If the user attempted to open a non-SVG file from an HTTP location for preview, HMD could keep retrying every 10 seconds instead of returning an appropriate error message to the user.
- HMD would not properly recognize a URL without path (e.g., http://spx-hmp-001d500001f1.local) as being the root path by implicitly adding the missing slash at the end.
- Documents with a fixed begin time well in the past but with content of known length could take a long time to open, possibly leading to a crash of HMD.
- Resuming a paused video element would crash if the element's end was used as the begin or end time of another SMIL element.
- Some visual glitches could occur in the rendering of the first frame of an animation.
- Leading and trailing whitespace in the =textContent=property of an element was not preserved as required by the DOM API.
- parseRSS() would return incorrect enclosures when the link is the same for all items.
- Rendered objects could be incorrectly clipped when their position was animated.
- A rare race condition in the log framework could cause a crash.
HMD 2.2.3 (28.10.2011)
- Added Fusion Elements for users of the PRO license (see Category:HMD_and_Fusion)
- In the developper console, the tab label now indicates with stars when a new message is added to that tab
- Improved IPv6 support, including literal IPv6 addresses
- The finder now displays useful extra information when in details mode
- Conversion from Flash now works with latest version of Flash player
- Improved export of device lists
- The user can now change the language of HMD from within the application
- The project target device type can now be changed from the project context menu
- Reverted to old behavior of encoding to MPEG-4 when converting PowerPoint and Flash files when target device type is HMP100/HMP130
- Import of interlaced M-JPEG video files are now rejected since they are not supported
- Multiple usability improvements
- Locally administered MAC addresses are no longer filtered out when searching for a computer ID, this eases HMD use on virtual machines
- It is now possible to playback streaming captures
- Added backwards compatibility for the News template of HMD 2.1.x for the "id is null" problem
- Shared variable servers can now be accessed via IPv6
- New relatedTarget property on the MouseEvent object
- Fixed memory leak in decoding of GIF images
- Local fonts would not be recognized when the path to the project folder had some national characters in it
- HMD would incorrectly report success when file creating fails on an HMP or a remote DAV server (e.g., write protected server)
- Readback of captured MPEG-2 transport streams and RTSP streams on a network path was not possible
- Italian translation of HMD was showing some incorrect strings
- Conversion of very large PowerPoint files could fail with the "timeout while waiting for next frame" error
- The rich text editor was no longer properly recognizing italic and small caps text from the SVG file
- When a project was created on a remote password protected DAV server HMD would not save the password properly
- Re-import of some archived projects could often corrupt the project's metadata
- Import of PowerPoint files with transition sound effects may fail with "timeout waiting for next frame from ppt2svg process"
- Quality setting of PowerPoint and Flash conversion was not working as expected
- HMD would sometimes crash when opening or closing a document due to a race condition
- Copy and paste of a file would fail on the second paste
- The date.svg template could occasionally show the previous day's date and could fail after a few months when included in a schedule, all content using this template should be updated
- Various other minor bug fixes
- Devices discovered using Bonjour and copied in a sub-folder are shown as not reachable if not discovered by Bonjour when opening the folder
- Under some circumstances the folder type could not be changed from the HMD finder pane
- No preview was generated on videos imported from a WebDAV server or copied from another project
- When using the standard (i.e. not PRO) license in a network with more than 10 units, units that were shown in _My Devices_ will not be show on next HMD startup
- HMD may not use the correct CRT library but an older one already present in the system, leading to possible problems; now the use of the same CRT library used for QA is forced
- The synchronization of synchronized content was broken when included into an iCal file, which is another synchronization source
- Streaming from odd port numbers with the _udp://_ protocol was not working
- Checking for changes of resources on HTTP servers that do not return an Etag was broken, with such servers some files would not be reloaded by the player when modified
- The _preserveAspectRatio_ attribute did not work on SVG files included from an iCal file (regression since firmware 2.2.0)
- iCal files generated with MS Office 2010 could crash the player due to unlimited recurrence rules
- Font rendering engine was updated to FreeType 2.4.4, solving outstanding font rendering issues (some characters could display artifacts on some fonts); the autohinter is now re-enabled
- Resolved issues with loading of large GIF images over slow networks when the image is updated often at the server
- Invalid UTF-8 characters in files would make the rest of the file unreadable
- POST HTTP requests were malformed (incorrect boundary formatting) for non text files
- Updated third party libraries (libapr, libapr-util)
- Reduced CPU usage when an effect that shrinks or increases font size is applied
- Visual bug when a layer is moved by a script that moved other layers as well under some conditions
- Speed up opening of documents inside a calendar
- Some timings were computed incorrectly when an animation tag with media duration refers to a media with zero duration
- some animation tag would fail to terminate before the min time when they had a min attribute
- nodeType property for document nodes in the DOM should be 9
HMD 2.2.2 (20.06.2011)
- PPT import under Windows 7 64 bit was not working
- Improved layout for Fusion skin
HMD 2.2.1 (20.04.2011)
- Fusion Elements for HMD PRO
- More information about unsupported video format, including profile and levels
- Improved debugging for streaming
- Updated clock templates (position of the text)
- Updated interactivity and background templates (make sure the dur is set correctly)
- Using standard begin=wallclock() in multiscreen template
- Added a revision number in the templates
- Fit_text has been modified
- Control of the speed of News_ticket has been improved
- News ticker not rendered in vertical mode
- Open the "have license file" chooser dialog in the "My Documents" folder
- Editing media duration of media, will remove the preview
- Editing SVG on remote server would show old files
- Import zip file from other drive than C: would not work
- Check of video files was incorrect when Drag and drop a video directly on an HMP200
- Saving of svg document with images was very slow
- Correct handling of UNC path
- Cannot set timezone to UTC in HMD
- Improved the make fullscreen option
- Changing HREF value of an ASX file causes HMD to freeze
- News template in project on network drive causes HMD hang
HMD 2.2.0 (18.02.2011)
- Create and import zipped archives of project or collections of files with support for both .zip and .7z archive formats
- Importing or copying large video files us much faster
- Support for testing USB input / ouput HID devices inside HMD
- Support for the HMP200
- Smoother animation for the scrolling ticker and scrolling news
- Modified templates to use standard SMIL wallclock to control the begin time
- Import flash animations with Flash ActiveX version10.1
HMD 2.1.2 (31.05.2010)
- Documents having an explicit duration but only elements with indefinite duration where incorrectly assigned an indefinite duration when opened.
- When an HTTP redirect was received the new location was used for all subsequent requests by the player; now the player properly performs subsequent requests on the original URL and follows the redirects as instructed.
- Inactive HTTP connections could be left open for several minutes creating very long timeouts when closing them later when a NAT router is used (since the connection is no longer known to the NAT router); now the maximum keep-alive time indicated by the server is obeyed and 15s is used as a default.
- Rotated JPEG images where drawn incorrectly.
- Updates from previous versions could silently fail leaving an incorrectly installed HMD.
- The text area background and border color could not be set in news crawler template.
HMD 2.1.1 (23.03.2010)
- Under some circumstances the color picker dialog may stop responding to mouse clicks
- Dialog layout issues in some languages (some labels were obscured by other UI elements)
- The default logo in preview window showed gray top and bottom bars in vertical mode
HMD 2.1.0 (24.02.2010)
- Using Bonjour (TM) for device discovery; device status and discovery is now done in real-time on HMD
- Localizations for various languages (French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, simplified Chinese) are now included in the HMD installer
- When importing multiple video, show errors only at the end
- Delete key for deleting files in file explorer pane
- Simplified the interface (no longer need to pres the CTRL key most of the time)
- Static GIF files are converted to PNG
- Multiple usability improvements
- URLs with international characters are now shown unescaped (no more cryptic % signs)
- My Projects can be moved to a user defined location instead of being under My Documents
- Data about registered devices is moved out of My Documents, the update is transparent.
- Be able to check if a license is already registered for the PC
- Allow the user to load a license file directly in HMD
- Extend trial option
- Simplified the templates folder
- Added more effects
- News template
- Modified custom parser option
- Improved iCal date parser
- Modified default behavior to reload source when document loops
- The news template do not have an aspect ratio by default.
- Added fixed aspect ratio for 16:9 and 4:3
- Modified default transition to be a fade to background
- Added the possibility to control the template via a configuration file
- Added support for validity times when using a configuration file
- Enable the apply button when the configuration has been modified
- Make sure that the playlist is restarted when it has been modified.
- Backgrounds improved for rendering speed
- Updating does no longer require to uninstall previous version.
- Support of SDP files for streaming (local and remote via HTTP server)
- Replaced the Japanese font Sazanami with IPA Mincho and IPA Gothic, which have higher quality
- Autodetection of unreliable / incomplete caching information from HTTP servers, this prevents reloading of RSS feeds and restarting the display when the actual content has not changed
- Focal point of radial gradients is no longer used (they are not part of SVG Tiny 1.2 and have never been fully supported)
- HMD would crash when clicking with the left and right buttons on file explorer pane
- Possible freeze of HMD when used in small screens
- Importing PPT with 2007 viewer crashes under WinXP?
- Changing orientation from vertical to horizontal might corrupt display
- Minor memory leaks in calendar handling
- Importing of projects does no longer clobber its metadata
- Import of Flash animations with Chinese characters in file name would fail
- Transforms on elements with effects applied could be incorrectly applied
- Items in the playlist template which have a duration under 1 sec could be skipped
- The date / time news template showed undefined on Sundays
- The digital_clock template could mask a digit with some fonts
- Use proportional fonts in Clock template
- SVG document sizes no longer limited to 200Kb
- Event on sunday did not repeat
- Some uncommon schedule repeat patterns could be computed incorrectly
- Some WMV files could display glitches by missing a few frames at start
- Video files using open GOP structures would be desycnhronized by one or two frames after seeking
- Some h.264 streamed video could appear garbled if the stream contained audio as well
- Cached data (e.g., RSS feeds) could be temporarily not displayed after sudden loss of network connectivity
HMD 2.0.4 (05.11.2009)
- Support for multiple languages. Currently: French, Italian and simplified Chinese
- Importing an SVG file exceeding the maximum size could crash HMD when displaying the error message
- Powerpoint files with non ASCII names might not be imported correctly
- Powerpoint files used to accept the license of the viewer might not be displayed correctly
- Opening position of the dialog box might be partially outside the screen.
- Import of video files might crash HMD if the height is odd.
- Playlist might stop playing if in a schedule or in a multi-screen setup
- Playlist duration was not computed correctly in multi-screen environment.
- Date template displays an incorrect date on Sunday.
HMD 2.0.3 (08.09.2009)
- Added support for streaming from AXIS H.264 encoders
- iCal support in the news template can now handle overlapping events
- Support for the HTTP redirect in HMD
- Better error message when importing non supported video files
- Add the possibility to edit the description of an iCal event
- Automatic playlists from files in folder could miss a few files
- Remote files generated by php that grew in size between http requests were not correctly handled
- Fixed PowerPoint conversion issues on Windows XP when the PowerPoint 2007 viewer is installed (conversion fails and reports zero frames converted)
- Starting aspect ratio was set to 4:3 instead of 16:9 even is a 16:9 screen was shown to the user
- HMD might crash when publishing a project to more than 10 devices
- Compatibility with windows 2000 was broken
- Layer could not be lock under some conditions
- FSMStudio prints � instaed of ª
- Drag and drop media on text box may fail
- Ctrl + + is not working in XML tree view
- Improved templates
- Video are now looping by default
- Modified index.svg to use a text layer instead of an inline svg file
- Added background color configuration to multi-screen templates
- Some effects (curtain and bars) could display a glitch in the bottom of the animation
- News templates were not updated if they were not closed or if they were set to repeat from the calling document
- News templates with multiple items were not updated anymore if the number of item in the RSS feed was less than the number of item in a single page
HMD 2.0.2 (22.06.2009)
- News feeds were not updated unless the document was re-opened
- Some schedule repeat patterns may have not been correct when multiple days in a week were specified
- The PowerPoint converter failed to find the 2007 version on 32-bit systems and always used the 2003 version
- The application occasionally crashed when saving or applying a calendar with newly added events
HMD 2.0.1 (19.05.2009)
- Importing SVG files larger then the maximum supported size now shows an out-of-spec error
- The user can now enable / disable Network API from the settings menu
- The title bar now shows the software version
- Improved temporal scalability of converted PowerPoint and flash content
- The http proxy, if configured, is now bypassed for the local network by default
- Shared variables can now be set through HTTP GET requests as well, in addition an optional redirect argument will return a redirect
- Improved templates
- Additional template for interactivity (menu, keystroke conversion and playback control)
- Added text alignment options for some clock templates
- PHP version increased to 5.2.9-2
- Publishing to a server or USB key reported an error about the player version being too old
- Added support for broken HTTP servers that close the connection when a range request is received, which resulted in failure to download the data; now the player retries without range requests in such cases
- Spaces at the end of text boxes could not be entered when editing calendar files
- Minor fixes in the Messenger application
- Month view could show an incorrect calendar when winter time switches to summer time
- Templates fixes
- Text boxes might not be rendered with the correct color in the news templates
- Possible deadlock when using iCalendar sources and repeating events
- Items in a news template may become invisible
- Passwords for HTTP servers in non-standard locations may not be saved
- When importing multiple files if one fails the import is aborted, leaving the project in an unknown state; now the import proceeds and an error message is shown at the end listing the failed files
- Publish on an HMP100 might return that HMD Pro is needed instead of a network error.
- Windows Media video files with audio could have bad audio quality when encoded in CBR; it is strongly recommended to encode in VBR mode when using Windows Media for best audio quality
- The duration of elementary media files (e.g., elementary MPEG-4 streams) without explicit duration info was incorrectly reported; these are now reported as having indefinite duration, use of a proper container format (e.g., .mov, .mp4, .avi, MPEG-2 Program Stream) is strongly recommended
- A crash was possible when parsing invalid XML fragments after parsing RSS feeds
- Video encoded with VC-1 Advanced Profile was mistakenly identified as supported
- When using setAttribute() to modify the href of an image from ECMAScript the image was not modified
- The frame rate of video files was not correctly detected
- Accesses to https connections were not thread-safe
- Security fixes for SSL connections
- Remote data (e.g., RSS feeds) may not be updated under some circumstances
- Reuse the modification time returned by an HTTP server in the If-Modified-Since header of HEAD requests for increased compatibility with broken servers
- Several fixes in the com port FSM file regular expression matching
- Other minor bug fixes
HMD 2.0 (20.03.2009)
- SVG Interactivity is now supported
- SVG 1.2 event handler are supported
- Compatibility with SVG 1.1 event syntax
- Added multiscreen mode to easily create multiscreen content (e.g., for video walls)
- Improved Fonts support
- Fonts for Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Hindi and Urdu are now bundled for ease of use; fonts for Roman, Cyrillic, Greek and Arabic were already bundled.
- The list of available fonts now matches those installed on the HMP100 device
- The user provided fonts within a project are now listed and used as on the HMP100 device
- Added instant messaging service
- Instant messaging service for shared variables provided with HMD
- Instant messaging service can monitor a folder for file changes
- Improved import function
- Support for import of Flash Animations (SWF files), converted to video
- PowerPoint presentations can now be converted to 720p resolution, instead of SD
- Vastly improved templates
- Multiscreen template for arbitrary matrix like arrangements of screens, also including blending overlap for projectors
- Playlists automatically adjust to the target aspect ratio
- More intuitive interaction between effect duration and playlist item duration (the sum of durations of playlist items is the total duration of the playlist)
- Crawling text (i.e. ticker)
- Easier to configure news templates
- Bouncing text (horizontal and vertical)
- More clocks templates
- Added templates for interactive content
- New auto-size text box template
- New templates for interactive content to use with touchscreens
- XML, CSV, iCalendar and raw TXT files can be used as feed data source (as in RSS feeds)
- Default behaviour for basic templates has been modified
- Multi-layer documents do not loop by default (infinite duration), the user need to set the looping explicitly (dur='media') if necessary
- Playlists loop indefinitely by default
- News loop indefinitely by default
- Added a developer console for errors, ECMAScript , serial port events and general content errors
- Improved GUI
- Snap to grid when resizing and moving layers
- Possibility to lock a layer
- Text box can now have a background and a border
- Color dialog can set color to none
- Better SVG 1.2 compliance
- More robust parsing of XML documents
- The maximum SVG document size is now 200 KBytes
- Increased number of extension recognized for video ( .mp2t, .ts and .mpegts files for MPEG-2 Transport Streams; .m1v and .m2v are recognized as MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 Elementary Video Streams, respectively; Improved autodetection for the .mpeg and .mpg extension)
- PowerPoint viewer 2007 is used to convert PowerPoint presentations if installed
- Installer now opens the necessary ports of the Windows firewall
- Added support for HTTP proxies
- HMD checks that case of file names is correct so that the content plays as expected on HMP or when pushed to any case sensitive web server
- Significant errors are now reported in pop up dialogs or in the developer console if active
- Various usability improvements
- Text in complex languages such as Arabic was rendered incorrectly in the preview
- Manage context menu for devices was not opening device management page
- Some PNG/GIF images could crash HMD
- Dropping a project over a device for publishing may publish to wrong device if there is a large number of devices in the finder window
- When switching from vertical to horizontal layout the preview area could be incorrect
- Import of PowerPoint presentations with a transition on the first slide did not work
- Log messages were being sent to the Windows Event Log under the wrong log name
- If DNS was malfunctioning device discovery could take a very long time and appear to never end
- When scheduled items start before a daylight savings time change and end after the recurrent time is not correct
- Some video files with the .mpg extension could be incorrectly detected and displayed garbled images
HMD 1.1 (11.09.2008)
- Added support for USB keys
- Improved support for WebDAV server and remote project
- Improved publish and import progress dialog
- Faster import and publish
- Check that project are valid when publishing (must have an index.svg)
- New project creates automatically an index.svg file
- Added Serial Port Protocol Studio to the installer
- Added template for Serial port commands
- Improved templates:
- News templates now have an editing mode
- More clocks templates
- Tooltip on quick publish button now shows the current publish target
- Right button menu on finder window more complete
- Support for editing of CDATA sections in XML window
- New context menu option "Manage ..." to open an internet explorer window on the HMP100 embedded web server directly from the device list
- Better detection of DirectX support
- Import of GIF files supported
- Crash when importing .mpeg files with raw mpeg2 payload
- Crash when importing black & white JPEG file
- Prevent droping a collection of files into a collection of devices
HMD 1.0 (28.04.2008)
- Improved look and feel
- Improved reliability:
- Audio and video files imported to a project are now checked against the HMP100 specifications to ensure they are within the supported limits.
- Improved compliance to the SVG Tiny 1.2 standard.
- Improved support for vertical content.
- New shortcuts:
- Move and copy files in the HMD finder using the familiar Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V and Ctrl+X shortcuts.
- Text layers can now be added to multi-layer documents to facilitate text handling.
- Simplified project publishing:
- You can now publish a project to a device in just one click and a project to a collection of devices in one operation.
- Art bonuses:
- New transition effects: animate media elements in your presentation with a simple drag and drop.
- New scene templates: simplify the creation of playlists and news scenes with our customizable templates.
- A large SVG clipart library with road signs, arrows, passenger information, weather and much more is now included to ease the creation of content.