From SpinetiX Support Wiki
Media such as images and video are static content: once created they will always look the same on the display. In many digital signage environments, the user needs to be able to easily customize the content on-the-fly by updating text, images or videos.
Imagine you wish to announce the visit of an important customer to the company and the front-desk display should show a picture of the visitor and a welcome message. Ideally, you would like your assistant to be able to do this, but you are reluctant to this idea because you think that this will require special skills from the person in charge with this task.
With Fusion, all that your assistant needs to do is to log into the Fusion interface and simply fill the text field(s) and change the picture within a new / existing Slide, which is based on a Fusion Template having all the necessary components (background, font styles, text areas etc.) already pre-defined; for instance a "Welcoming important customers" template can be built once and used for every such occasion.
Slides are managed from the Slides section, accessible by clicking on the item with the same name from the top menu.
The following actions are available:
- Create Slide - requires at least "Creator" role;
- Edit existing Slide - requires at least "Editor" role;
- Delete existing Slide - requires at least "Creator" role.
Note: The Slides are based on Template(s) previously uploaded by an "Administrator" (see User's roles within Fusion for more details).
To create a Slide with Fusion:
- Open the Slides menu.
- Click on the New button. (A list of available templates will be displayed.)
- Select the template for the Slide by clicking on (the "New" button).
- Edit the content of the Slide by changing the default content provided by the template. (See Slide configuration section below.)
- Click on the Save button to finish editing your Slide.
- Enter a name (maximum 20 characters) for your Slide in the New Slide pop-up and then click on the Save button.
Add a slide to a Program
- Click on the "Programs" link on the top menu.
- Edit a Fusion Program by clicking on (the "Edit" button) next to it.
- On the right pane, click on the "Slides" tab.
- Drag & drop your slide into the program playlist at the desired position.
- You can also use the left-arrow button next to the slide to placed it at the end of the Fusion Program list.
- If needed, set a particular duration for the slide within the program, to override any inherited duration from the slide template.
- Click on the "Save" button.
To modify an existing Slide, follow these steps:
- Click on (the "Edit" button) corresponding to the Slide you want to modify. This will open a new page.
- Edit the Slide. (See Slide configuration section below.)
- Once done, click on the Save button to record the changes or the Copy button to save the modified Slide under a different name.
To delete an existing Slide, click on (the "Delete" button) corresponding to the Slide you want to delete.
Note: Deleting a Slide doesn't remove the Slide from the Program(s) where the Slide was included, therefore it's recommended to first edit the Program(s) and then delete the actual Slide.
The Slide configuration page is divided into three functional regions as following (see also the image on the right):
- Area #1 (top-left) contains the full name of the slide, the slide preview button ("Preview") and the template generic preview.
- Area #2 (bottom-left) contains the list of editable fields.
- Area #3 (right-side) contains your media items.
The user can configure the different editable fields offered by the selected Fusion Template and create multiple different Slides. Some fields allow the user to type text, others to drag & drop existing media content (like previously uploaded images or videos, Playlists etc.).
- Usually each editable field is described by a short comment - to view the description of a field after it has been set, hover the mouse on top of that field. For text fields, you can also clear the current text to see the field description (with gray color).
- The "Preview" button can be used at any time during the configuration to see how the Slide will look like.
To configure a text field, simply type the text inside the corresponding filed within Area #2.
To associate a media item to a editable media field provided by the template, simply drag & drop the media thumbnail on top of the desired media field (this will get a thick blue border when hovering over), either in the Area #1 or in Area #2. Alternatively, click on (the "Add" button) - in case there are multiple media placeholders, select the destination by clicking on the check-box inside the media placeholder from Area #1.
- Inside Area #1, the media placeholders where you can drop the media item are marked with a blue double-line border.
Slide with tabs
A Fusion Template can contain up to six pages if it was designed to allow this feature; these pages are represented by tabs on the Slide configuration page.
- Options identical for all tabs can be found in the first tab (Basic).
- It is possible to increase the number of pages using the icon.
- It is possible to remove existing page using the icon.