Weather widgets for Elementi 3.x
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
- 1 Description
- 2 Add API Key
- 3 Download
- 4 Configuration
Weather widgets are designed to display weather information coming from the Open Weather Map service (which provides free weather data and forecast API).
- These widgets require firmware 3.x or later to be present on the HMP.
- Any widget version below 2.6 should not be used.
- After downloading the widget(s), you must add your unique API key to be able to retrieve data from the OpenWeather provider.
- The weather icons are loaded from the SpinetiX server by default (there are no icons included in any of these archives). Alternatively, you can download the weather icon set, put the icons inside your project and change the icons source path inside the JS file (e.g.,
var icon_src = "/icons/").
Add API Key
To use the 2.6 version of the weather widgets, the following must be done:
- Go to http://openweathermap.org/appid and sign up to get unique API key on your account page .
- Open Scripts/openweather.js file in a text editor.
- Find the string
apiid: null // API ID.
- Replace it by
- Save the changes.
Weather widgets pack
Alternatively, each of these weather widgets can be downloaded as self-contained widget archive (see details below) in case you want to keep them separately (for instance, to have different settings per widget).
Weather forecast - single item
Horizontal weather forecast for multiple days
Vertical weather forecast for multiple days
Horizontal weather forecast for multiple cities
Vertical weather forecast for multiple cities
- Enter one or more locations separated by ';'. It is recommended to add the country 2-letter code after the the location name (e.g., Lausanne CH).
- Choose between 'Centigrade' and 'Fahrenheit'. Default: 'Centigrade'.
- Duration of each item (in sec)
- Enter a duration representing the number of seconds for which each item is displayed on the screen, in case multiple locations are entered above. Default: 5.
- Refresh time (in min)
- Enter a duration representing the number of minutes to wait until updating the weather data from the server. Default: 60.
- Display (available for Weather_1, Weather_4 and Weather_5)
- Select the data to be displayed (current condition, today forecast, tomorrow forecast)
- Number of days (available for Weather_2 and Weather_3)
- Enter the number of days to be shown. Default: 3.
- Date format (available for Weather_2 and Weather_3)
- Select how to display the date, between 'None', 'Day of the week', 'Day + Month' or custom. Default: 'Day + Month'
- Show city name
- Select between 'yes' and 'no' to indicate if the city name should be displayed or not. Default: 'yes'
- Show country name
- Select between 'yes' and 'no' to indicate if the country name should be displayed or not. Default: 'yes'.
- Show temperature
- Select between 'yes' and 'no' to indicate if the temperature should be displayed or not. Default: 'yes'.
- Text color
- Select the color of the text.
- Select the locale used to display dates and numbers. Default: 'en_US'