From SpinetiX Support Wiki
This article is a stub. Main article: Advanced applications settings.
- Server 1, ... , Server 5.
- Enter the IP or hostname address of the NTP server.
- Enabling the "Monitor only" option next to a NTP server tells the player to only consult that NTP server, but not use it actively as a time source; this is useful when using an HMP as NTP server for other HMP devices.
- Pause device at startup to wait for NTP servers by
- Select a delay period from 0 to 150 seconds to increase the boot time of the player in order to insure that NTP servers are started before the HMP.
- For the NTP servers to be used, the "Automatic time from Internet (NTP)" option from the System > Date & Time must be enabled.
- The NTP statistics page describes the statistics shown on the top of this section.
- By default the HMP comes configured with a list of public NTP servers from ntp.org. These are fine for regular projects, however, a better accuracy is necessary in the case of running time synchronized projects.
- An HMP is an NTP server itself and therefore its IP address can be used as NTP server for other HMPs, especially for the case of running synchronized content without an NTP server. The "Monitor only" check box is an advanced options needed this case.