From SpinetiX Support Wiki
This page is related to Interactivity via Ethernet.
Mass Notification systems are used to inform students, employees, visitors and the public of emergencies. Parties served by mass notification systems include emergency services departments, local, state and national governments and building managers. Mass Notification systems can contribute to safety and security by providing real-time alerts and instructions during a crisis situation.
Mass notification in a SpinetiX deployment works by combining the Shared Variables mechanism with the interactive widgets of Elementi. For the purposes of this article, Mass notification will refer to the near-instantaneous method of updating Shared Variables using the Network API.
For generating the mass notification event, SpinetiX has been tested to work with Layered Solutions.
- Compatible SpinetiX hardware: HMP400, HMP400W, HMP350, HMP200.
- Elementi S or M to display predefined notification messages, respectively Elementi X for custom messages that can be changed at the time of sending.
- Basic understanding of the Shared Variables mechanism.
- Full understanding of Interactivity via Ethernet.
- Familiarity with the Interactive widgets of Elementi.
- Enable the Network API on the HMPs.
- Create an interactive project in Elementi using the Action to Switch widget.
- Configure the Action to Switch widget and choose a name for the Shared Variable.
- Publish the project to the HMPs.
Layered Solutions configuration
- Use the provided shared variable API from Layered Solutions and apply to each player.
- In Layered Solutions, define the IP address, username (default "admin") and password for each SpinetiX player.
- Define any sign groupings you want to use.
- In "Message Editor", configure sign groups this message applies to and add content (for example a fixed message and a map of where the emergency warning has been detected).
- Choose messages to show.
- Test for each emergency.