Get started with the HMP300
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
First, take out the player from its box. Inside the box, there is also a power supply unit (PSU) and a line power cable, but no video or network cables.
Step 1: Connect the screen
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of your player.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of the display device.
Step 2: Connect the network
You need an Ethernet cable (not included).
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port of your player.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to a network port (female connector) of a network switch or a computer (direct connection).
Step 3: Connect the power
The player comes with a power supply unit (PSU) and a line power cable.
- Connect the DC power cable attached to the PSU to the DC input port of your player.
- Connect the line power cable to the PSU.
- Connect the other end of the line power cable into a power outlet.
- Switch on the screen and the LAN-Switch or computer.
The player's LEDs should light up at this point, sign that the player is receiving power and is starting the boot-up process. During the boot-up, a splash screen is shown on the screen, first at 640x480 resolution, then at the screen's resolution.
- If the text says "Plug the network cable", then there's a network connection problem - follow these troubleshooting steps.
- If the (PWR) LED doesn't light up at all, then the power supply unit (PSU) might be broken - try a working PSU from another SpinetiX player. Warning: Do not use a third-party power supply.
- If any of the LEDs turn red, with or without blinking, then there is a problem - see LED page for more details.
- If you cannot see anything on the screen, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- Briefly press the blue button to find the player address
- The text "Type this address in your browser" is shown along with the different player addresses right below that.
- A QR code is also provided to facilitate access from mobile devices.
- Type any of the addresses shown on your screen in your browser’s address bar.
- If you cannot connect to the player, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- Follow the instructions of the Configuration Wizard and complete the player setup.
- Restart your player to apply the configuration settings.
You can download a PDF version of the getting started guide from here: