Connect to HMP from OS X
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
If you haven't configured your MAC to run Windows programs (Elementi does not run on Mac OS), then you can use the OS X built-in WebDAV support (v10.2 or later) to connect to an HMP storage in order to browse and manually push new content.
Connecting to the HMP storage
To connect to the HMP storage, follow these steps:
- Click anywhere on your desktop to bring up the Finder menu bar at the top of the screen.
- From the "Go" menu, select "Connect to Server...".
- In the "Server Address" field type
- For instance you can use the the hostname address of the HMP as detected by Bonjour (see example on the right).
- Click the Connect button. This will open the content folder on the HMP in a Finder window.
- The HMP is also added to the list of connected network servers (using the typed network name or IP address), thus you can re-connect to it easier.
Finding the HMP devices
- Open the Safari web browser.
- If needed, add Bonjour to your bookmarks: Choose Safari > Preferences, click Advanced, then select where you want Bonjour to appear.
- Go to the Bookmark menu / toolbar and click on "Bonjour".
- The HMP devices present on the network will be shown, along with other devices.
- To access the player web interface, double click its name in the list.
Pushing content to the HMP
To manually push content on the HMP, follow these steps:
- Open a Finder window.
- Select the HMP on the list of connected servers on the left of the window.
- On the right pane you now see all the content files on the HMP; manage them as you would with regular files on Mac OS X.
- To copy files to the HMP (i.e. upload) just drag and drop files from another Finder window to the right pane.
- After uploading files allow some time for the HMP to notice the new files.