From SpinetiX Support Wiki
The Background app is included by default in each Content Playout and is used to display a predefined color, a single media, or even a set of media as an entire-screen background. For most playouts, an image is used as background, except for the "Empty playout" which uses a solid-color background.
To add an image or video as background, simply drag and drop that image or video from the media pane at the bottom or from the File Explorer (the file is first uploaded onto the player's media gallery). You can also create a media set for which you can change the items' order and duration and choose among a variety of transitions. Each media is automatically fitted within the screen area.
To toggle the app properties' pane, click on the app name on the right-side of the Content Playout.
When no image or video is selected, you can select a color to fill out the background, either using the color-picker (click on the colored square) or by entering the hexadecimal color code.To clear the selected media (set) and select a color instead, click on the x button.
To add an image or video as background, simply drag and drop that image or video into the Playout preview pane either from the media pane at the bottom or from the File Explorer (the file is first uploaded onto the player's media gallery). It is also possible to use the "Upload Media" button at the top of the window.
The Background app also supports displaying multiple media - for that, click the "Create Set" box so that any media dropped (or uploaded) onto the app, will be added to the set, as opposed to replacing the current media.
Additional app properties are enabled for media sets:
- Default duration
- Default duration for the images in the set - each image will be displayed for this duration, while videos will be displayed for their native duration.
- Optional transition to be used when switching between media. If a transition is selected, enter its duration and any additional properties (direction or factor).
- To further customize the media set, click the edit button (pencil) and fine-tune the media set properties. See Media app page for more details.
- Any background image or video with a different aspect ratio than 16:9 or 9:16 will be zoomed to fit the entire screen.
To change the app default name, follow these steps:
- Click the "Edit" button on the top bar to enter the Playout edit mode.
- Click on the app name on the right-side.
- Enter a friendly name for the app.
- When creating media sets with no valid media inside, the player reboots and ends up in Safe mode. The workaround is to make sure that at least one media is valid. Applies to firmware 4.3.0 to 4.4.1.