Media files widgets in Elementi 2015
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
The media-file widgets can be used to automatically display the media content (usually images and / or videos) from a given folder, with or without a filter based on the file name / extension.
Depending on the location of the media folder, there are three possible usage scenarios:
- Local source
- Remote source
- The source folder is located on a web server (e.g., like NAS devices, Box.com, Dropbox.com, myDrive.ch etc.) and the media files are played directly from there. This assures high flexibility for updating the files, however, it requires a reliable network connections; furthermore the server must have the WebDAV extension enabled for the widget to work.
- Media Playlist
- Displays a playlist of media items (images, videos) out of the files included into a given folder.
- Media Crawler
- Displays the media items (images, videos) out of the files included into a given folder, using a continuous scrolling effect.
- Displays slides composed of media layers (images, videos) and text layers (file related details), out of the files included into a given folder. The slides are displayed one after another, with or without a transition effect in between, similarly to a playlist. Each slide is displayed for a fixed duration.
Each of the widgets above can be customized using the options provided under "Properties" tab - for more details go to the dedicated page of each widget type, linked above.
To edit the properties related to the data source, click on the button. This opens the Data Feed Properties dialog, which allows changing the URI from where the data are retrieved, the refresh rate, and the optional limit of items.
Directory listing parser
The directory listing parser retrieves a list of the files and / or directories present within a given location, according to the specified filter. It can only be used as a main parser.
When configuring the data source property of any of the widgets above, a "Directory Listing Parser" tab is displayed within the "Data Feed Properties" dialog, which allows configuring the following properties:
- Show hidden files
- Enable this to list all files (including the ones starting with a dot).
- Resource type
- Specify the type of resource, from: "All", "Files", "Directories".
- Specify the file extension filter to be applied on the result set. Either select an existing filter or enter a custom one (you can use multiple extensions, separated by semicolons).
- For instance, to list both video and audio files, the filter can look like this:
For each item of the result set, it generates the following output columns:
creationdate: Creation date of the file / folder.
filename: Name of the file / directory (without the path).
getcontentlength: Size of the file in bytes or "null" for directories.
getetag: Unique identifier for the file (can be used to check if the file has been modified) or "null" for directories.
getlastmodified: Last modification date for the file / folder.
href: Path to the file (can be used to display the media file).
resourcetype: Resource type - "collection" or "null" (for files)