From SpinetiX Support Wiki
The "Slideshow" widgets display slides composed of text & media layers, which are automatically filled out with data retrieved from a data source (e.g., RSS feed, CSV file, calendar etc.). The slides are displayed one after another, with or without a transition effect in between, similarly to a playlist.
- RSS, Spreadsheets, Calendars, Media and Data Feeds starting with Elementi 2015
- Twitter, Flickr starting with Elementi 2016
- Facebook and Instagram, starting with Elementi 2017
- Yammer starting with Elementi 2018
- Feed widgets in Elementi 3.x
The following properties, found under "Properties" tab, can be used to customize the widget:
- Data source
- Select the locale used for displaying dates and numbers.
- Slide duration / Item duration
- Enter the number of seconds each slide is displayed on the screen.
- Click the button to open the "Transition Properties" dialog and select a transition effect and its properties.
- Select whether the widget ends after the last slide or loops to the first one.
The slideshow widget displays each set of data retrieved from the data source using a slide template, whose layout can be edited by the user. The slide layout is composed of text & media layers, that should contain one or more data placeholders (e.g.,
[[title]], [[description]] etc.), which are automatically filled out with data retrieved from the data source when the widget is running. The slide layout is controlled by the user from the Preview panel (mostly for design changes) and / or from the "Layers" tab in Edit panel (gives access to all the layer properties).
To edit the slide layout within the Preview panel, follow these steps:
- Click once within the Preview panel to enter into "Edit mode". The widget is paused and the actual data are replaced by the fallback values (if any were defined) or the layer predefined content.
- Click on a layer to select it. The layer predefined content is displayed - usually that contains only the data placeholder.
- It is now possible to add, remove, modify the position / size of the selected layer. If it's a text layer, it can also be edited.
- Click the play button to resume the playback and display the actual content of the data feed.
To edit the slide layout within the Edit panel, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Layers" tab to list all the layers composing the slide.
- Click on the button (it opens the "Layer Properties" dialog) and edit that layer properties. Click the "OK" button to apply the changes.
- Tutorial on Displaying an RSS slideshow using the Slideshow widget.
- Media playlist widgets for displaying media items one after another as a playlist.
- Media crawler widgets for displaying media items using a continuous scrolling effect.
- Table widgets for displaying multiple items on the same slide.
- Text bar widgets, Text ticker widgets, and Text roll widgets for displaying text-only content.