Splash screen settings
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
(Redirected from Splash Screens)
Content > Splash Screens
- Click the "Change" button corresponding to the splash screen to modify.
- Browse for a JPEG or PNG image, no larger than 1 MB in size.
- Click the "Open" button to set the new splash screen image.
To restore the default splash screen images, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Operations" menu and then on "Reset".
- Select "Splash screen" checkbox.
- Click on the "Clear Selected" button.
The recommended image resolution for boot splash screen is 640x480 pixels, to match the lowest output resolution of the player. Bigger resolutions are also accepted, but since the image is centered without scaling, it might not be displayed entirely. For instance, let's say you have set a 1920x1080 px image as boot splash screen and 1080p as display resolution. When the player boots, the display resolution is firstly set to the 640x480 and therefore the splash screen will be a cropped area of 640x480 pixels from the original image (relatively to its center). This will be displayed on the entire screen (probably stretched). Only after the display resolution is set to 1080p, the entire image will be shown.