From SpinetiX Support Wiki
Installing a beta firmware
To install a beta firmware, follow these steps:
- Open HMP Control Center and click on "Firmware Update" link (under the "Administration" menu on the left side).
- Go to the "Settings" tab and set the "Server URI" to:
- Press the "Apply" button.
- Go to the "Firmware" tab and set the Update source to "From server".
- Press the "Check for Update" button.
- Press the "Update Now" button to proceed with the firmware update. Make sure that the device is not powered off during the update.
- You might need to perform steps 4 to 6 a second time for the full update to be completed - if so, make sure to wait for the HMP to fully reboot after the first round, before doing these steps the second time.
Your feedback is very valuable to us! Since a beta firmware is not officially supported and only opened for beta testing, thank you for providing your feedback using
beta[at]spinetix.com instead of the regular Technical Support channel.
Reverting to the stable version
Reverting to the stable firmware version needs to done from the Recovery Console. In order to do so, follow these steps:
- Generate an HMP configuration backup.
- Boot the HMP into Recovery mode.
- On the "Main" page, press the "Install Factory Image" button under the "Install new firmware" section. This will erase the existing firmware (including the configuration files) and install the new firmware from scratch.
- Once the Factory Firmware is installed, reboot the HMP in normal mode.
- Follow the regular firmware update procedure to have the latest stable firmware version on the HMP.
- Apply the configuration backup generated at step #1 to quickly configure the HMP.