From SpinetiX Support Wiki
(Redirected from Proxy settings)
Player proxy settings
The proxy settings to be used by the player are configured within Control Center from:
- Network > HTTP Proxy page on DiVA, HMP300, and HMP350;
- Network Settings page > Proxy tab on HMP200, HMP130, and HMP100.
Proxy settings for Elementi
- No proxy
- Elementi / HMD will not use any proxy settings.
- Use system settings
- Elementi / HMD will use the system proxy settings. This is the default value.
- Elementi / HMD will use the manually specified proxy settings.
- In this case,
- enter the server hostname address (without the HTTP part) and the port.
- enter the username and password, if the server requires authentication.
- enable / disable bypassing the proxy server for local addresses.
- When enabled, Elementi / HMD will first query the hostname to find the corresponding IP address, then check if the IP address is in the same subnet as the PC according to the subnet mask currently configured and if so, the proxy will be bypassed. If the IP is external or the hostname cannot be resolved, then the proxy will be used.
- If you are using a proxy server in a corporate network, the settings are often set by your system Administrator and do not make exceptions for local devices. This can affect publishing and / or management of your HMP devices, as all requests are forwarded to the proxy server that does not "see" the local devices.
- An incorrect or incomplete proxy server configuration will result in the Elementi / HMD not being able to publish the content.
- Activation of a license for Elementi 3.x / HMD works through a proxy server that does not require authentication. See the Elementi / HMD license pages for more details.
- Error messages when publishing to a device, such as: PROPFIND error, Bad request, 403 Forbidden, HTTP Error, 502 Proxy Error.
- The solution is to use "No proxy".
- If you encounter the above errors when publishing to a device, you may also find that you cannot access Control Center either. Disabling the proxy in Elementi / HMD does not affect the settings of your browser. To test if a proxy is the cause of the problem, disable the proxy from Control Panel:
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Open Internet Options. (If unavailable, contact your system administrator)
- Choose the "Connections" tab.
- Press LAN Settings.
- Deselect all the boxes and click OK twice.
- Try to visit the HMP using the .local address again. If you are successful, then contact your administrator to ensure that the HMP addresses are excluded from the proxy server.