Interactive playlist widgets
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
For the Interactive Playlist widget, you can specify which is the next content page to jump to, thus allowing to specify different flows within the playlist.
The Interactive File Playlist widget generates the playlist content from the content of a media folder; to switch to a certain media, update the Shared Variable to its index in the playlist.
- Once the current content page (e.g., media file, Playlist, Layout etc.) has finished playing, the widget will switch to the next page (as opposed to always switching to the first one). You can specify which is the next content page to jump to (thus allowing to specify different flows within the playlist), otherwise the next page from the list will be picked.
- Whenever the Shared Variable used to control the widget is updated to one of the values specified under the "Action" column on the "Pages" view, the widget will switch to that particular content page. Additionally, this widget can switch to the next or previous content page using the "shortcut" values defined under Properties.
Interactive File Playlist
This widget is a combination of the "Action to Switch" interactive widget and the File Playlist widget, adding interactivity to a media playlist generated from the content of a folder. It allows displaying all the media files (usually images and videos) from a folder as a playlist, but having also the possibility to interactively switch from one file to another.
File Playlist behavior:
- All the files of the specified folder will be played in a sequential order. See more details about how to configure the source folder.
- Whenever the Shared Variable used to control the widget is updated to one of the values specified under "Properties", it will switch to the next or previous item of the playlist. Additionally, when receiving the value '0' it will switch to the first item of the playlist, when receiving the value '1', the the second item and so on.
The following properties, found under the "Properties" tab in Edit panel, can be used to customize the widget:
- Shared Variable
- Enter the name of the Shared Variable used for controlling the widget.
- Next Action & Previous Action
- Enter the value to update the Shared Variable to in order to switch to the next / previous page.
- Pause Action & Resume Action
- Enter the value to update the Shared Variable to in order to pause / resume the current page.
- Close Action
- Enter the value to update the Shared Variable to in order to end the document.
- Multiscreen synchronization
- Set on true in case of synchronized content.