From SpinetiX Support Wiki
- ECMAScript is standardized by the Ecma International standards organization in the ECMA-262 specification and ISO/IEC 16262.
- As of firmware 3.0.0 the HMP uses version 1.8.5 of SpiderMonkey, firmware 2.2.x uses version 1.8.0.
- SpiderMonkey 1.8.5 implements ECMAScript 5, 1.8.0 implements ECMAScript 3.
The following are particularly relevant to digital signage applications:
- Global objects: Date, RegExp, String;
- Functions: decodeURI(), decodeURIComponent, encodeURI(), encodeURIComponent.
- µDOM API See The SVG Micro DOM (uDOM) for information about the DOM APIs used to manipulate SVG content on screen and to create interactive applications.
- Global variables for device identification:
- Shared variables framework for real-time data exchange and instant messaging.
- Parsing functions for the parsing of RSS, CSV and iCalendar files.
- New APIs introduced in 3.0 firmware:
- HTMLImageElement, an HTML5 API to query size information on graphic resources.
- USB I/O Programming to control and receive events from USB Human Interface Devices in the form of digital and analog inputs/outputs.
- Web Storage API to enable permanent storage of data on the HMP.
- Node.js API - to create UDP and TCP sockets and servers. The supported modules are: net, dgram, events and the Buffer object.
<script> element (as character data) or as an external resource, referenced through
<script xlink:href="http://download.spinetix.com/spxjslibs/jSignage.js" /> <script> <![CDATA[ // Your code goes here ... ]]> </script>