Data feed widgets in Elementi 2017 and 2018
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
Common data formats like: RSS, Text, Spreadsheets, and Calendars, are also supported, though it's recommended to use the dedicated widgets instead - see data-driven widgets page for more details.
- Text Bar
- Displays text content using a fixed number of lines and applying a bottom-to-top & line-by-line scrolling effect whenever the entire text doesn't fit into the widget area.
- Text Ticker
- Displays text content using a continuous horizontal scrolling effect. The font size is adjusted automatically for the text to fit into the widget area.
- Text Roll
- Displays text content using a continuous vertical scrolling effect. The font size is adjusted automatically for the selected number of lines to fit into the predefined area.
- Media Playlist
- Displays a playlist of media items (images, videos) included into the data feed.
- Media Crawler
- Displays the media items (images, videos) included into the data feed using a continuous scrolling effect.
- Animated Playlist
- Displays slides composed of text & media layers, which are automatically filled out with data retrieved from the data feed. The slides are displayed one after another, with or without a transition effect in between, similarly to a playlist.
- Table and Grouped Table
- Displays slides composed of multiple cells of text & media layers, which are automatically filled out with data retrieved from the data feed. The slides are displayed one after another, with or without a transition effect in between, similarly to a playlist.
Each of the widgets above can be customized using the options provided under "Properties" tab - for more details go to the dedicated page of each widget type, linked above.
Data source setup
The parser(s) used by these widgets can be changed from the "Data Feed Properties" dialog; the following parsers are available: RSS, XML, JSON (default), CSV, RegExp, ICS, Script, Directory Listing and Query String. Additionally, a Date/Time parser is available for data formatting.
To allow filtering the resulted data based on some criteria, the following filters are available under the "Format" option within the "Data Feed Properties" dialog: Num. Filter, Date Filter, and String Filter.