From SpinetiX Support Wiki
From the "Date/Time" page of HMP Control Center you can configure the time zone and what the HMP should use as time source (i.e. its internal clock or an NTP server). You can also find the NTP Statistics referring to the time sources used by the HMP.
There are three tabs available on this page: Time Zone, Time Sources and NTP Statistics.
The "Time Zone" tab displays:
- The current local time and time zone of the HMP. The offset to GMT is updated according to the latest daylight saving information of the time zone.
- Two select boxes from which you can change time zone for the device. The first one contains general geographical zones (continents), plus the "GMT Offset". The second one is populated according to the selection from the first box.
- Selecting a correct time zone is important when displaying clocks or using schedules on the HMP.
- By default the HMP is configured with the Zürich time zone.
To maintain the time, the HMP can be configured to use either:
- Its internal clock - the date and time is manually entered under Manual Time Settings.
- Once set, the HMP will use its internal quartz crystal to maintain the time. Nevertheless, the time of the HMP might very slowly drift apart from the real time - to fix this drift, the HMP needs to contact an NTP server (at least from time to time).
- NTP server(s).
Note: An HMP is an NTP server itself and therefore its IP address can be used as NTP server for other HMPs, especially for the case of running synchronized content - see how to use an HMP as NTP server. The "Monitor only" and the "Pause device at startup to wait for NTP servers by" are advanced options needed this case.
See the NTP statistics page for more details.