Encoders and streamers
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
This page is related to streaming.
This page contains information on hardware devices and software applications that can be used for media streaming over the network and that should be compatible with the HMP. Some of them might also have encoding capabilities.
A streaming testing procedure is also provided to guide your testing and validation of any potential streaming device for usage within a digital signage project based on HMP devices.
The list below is not exhaustive and you are invited to share your experiences with devices you have successfully tested, so it remains up-to-date.
Special thanks to all our partners reporting compatible devices!
|Device||Type||Resolution||Added on||Tested by||Notes|
|Antrica 3200A||Encoder||HD||2016-06-16||SpinetiX||Requires firmware 3.1 or later.|
|Antrica ANT-2010||Encoder||HD||2018-02-28||Voome (IT)||Unicast UDP only.|
|AMX DTV-TX01-DVB-T||Streamer||SD||2013-09-26||Vizcom Australia|
|Axis 207 / 207W / 223M / M3011 Cameras||Streamer||SD||2013-09-26||SpinetiX|
|Axis 207MW Network Camera||Streamer||720p||2013-09-26||SpinetiX|
|Axis 241S / 243SA / 247S||Encoder||SD||2013-09-26||SpinetiX|
|Axis M3045-V network camera||Streamer||Full HD||2017-02-16||SpinetiX||See the device page for more details.|
|AXIS M1125 Camera||Streamer||Full HD||2016-05-20||SpinetiX|
|Axis M3114 Camera||Streamer||SD||2013-01-16||AMX (US)|
|Axis Q1755 Camera||Streamer||720p||2013-09-26||Skyware (HK)|
|Axis P1346 Camera||Streamer||Full HD||2013-09-26||Skyware (HK)|
|Axis Q7401 video encoder||Encoder||SD||2013-09-26||SpinetiX||See the device page for more details.|
|COMM-TEC ProTUNE III S||Streamer||Full HD||2015-12-21||Weyel (DE)||Requires firmware 3.2.0 / 4.0.1.|
|Crestron CEN-NVS200||Streamer||SD||2013-09-26||Aktco (JO)|
|Epiphan Lecture Recorder x2||Streamer||Full HD||2013-09-26||Universiteit Antwerpen (BE)|
|Etrovision EV3151A||Encoder||SD||2013-09-26||SpinetiX||See the device page for more details.|
|Haivision Makito Encoder||Encoder||Full HD||2013-09-26||SpinetiX, Voome (IT)||See the device page for more details.|
|Haivision Torpedo||Streamer||Full HD||2013-09-26||SpinetiX||See the device page for more details.|
|Inverto airscreen server IDL 400s||Streamer||Full HD||2015-12-21||Weyel (DE)||Requires firmware 4.0.1.|
|LevelOne FCS-7111||Encoder||SD||2013-09-26||EOM (MY)|
|Matrox Maevex||Encoder||Full HD||2013-09-26||Lanka Links (LK)|
|Panasonic WV-SF336 IP Camera||Streamer||720p||2013-09-26||SpinetiX||See the device page for more details.|
|REACH ENC-110||Encoder||SD||2013-09-26||AV-Media (SG)|
|SiliconDust HDHomeRun||Streamer||720p||2013-09-26||Madison Technology (AU)|
|SiliconDust HDHomeRun Tech||Streamer||Full HD||2013-09-26||SpinetiX||Multicast only.|
|TBS2603||Encoder||Full HD||2018-10-31||Urbanit (CH)|
|VSI AVN200||Encoder||SD||2013-09-26||SpinetiX||See the device page for more details.|
- Many instructions in the above guides may also apply to similar models by the same manufacturers.
- Some of the devices listed below are classed as "streamers" as they do not re-encode the input signals; for example a DVB-T or DVB-S will take a terrestrial or satellite MPEG2-TS stream and encapsulate it for IP. As a result, they are not guaranteed to fully work with all types of HMP models - for instance DVB streams containing AC3 audio might work, but without the audio on HMP200 or lower models.
- More CCTV / IP cameras using RTSP (and thus possibly compatible with the HMP) can be found on https://www.soleratec.com/support/rtsp/.
The list below is not exhaustive and you are invited to share your experiences with software you have successfully tested, so it remains up-to-date. Note that SpinetiX has not validated and does not endorse these products, the list is provided solely as a convenience.
- ffserver, included in ffmpeg, is a streaming server for both audio and video. It supports several live feeds, streaming from files, and streams them over RTP/RTSP protocols.
- Darwin Streaming Server, the open source server technology that allows you to send streaming media to clients across the Internet using the industry standard RTP and RTSP protocols.
- Nimble Streamer is a light-weight fast freeware media server supporting RTSP and MPEG-TS protocols.
- Unreal Media Server is a streaming server software supporting MPEG2-TS protocol.
- VLC is a free and open source cross-platform Multimedia Player, Media Converter and Streamer. A tutorial on how to use VLC to transcode and stream a VOB file, containing MPEG-2 video and AC3 audio, to be playable on a HMP, can be found on this page: Streaming using VLC.
- Wowza offers monthly-fee paid media server software / cloud service with encoding capabilities. It supports RTSP/RTP and MPEG-TS protocols.
Others might be found on this page.
Streaming Testing Procedure
The purpose of this technical documentation is to describe the streaming testing procedure used internally by SpinetiX to certify third-party streaming devices (with or without encoding capabilities).
By following this procedure, any SpinetiX partner can perform the streaming and reliability tests, record the results, and validate a streaming device for usage within a digital signage project based on HMP devices.
After successful tests, partners are encouraged to submit their results to SpinetiX Technical Support for that streaming device to be added on the list of certified devices compatible with the HMP. Furthermore, the tested streaming device can also get a dedicated page on the SpinetiX Support Wiki , if a whitepaper is submitted along with the results of the tests.
A troubleshooting section is also provided, containing the steps to follow in case of problems playing the streaming media.