Devices:Exterity AvediaStream e2110
From SpinetiX Support Wiki
The e2110 is an MPEG2 SD encoder. See the Exterity website for detailed specifications.
This walk through sets up the e2110 for SD encoding at 8mbps
- Exterity encoder (tested with software version 2.1)
- HMP100 (tested with firmware 2.2)
- Standard 100mbps network switch
- SD source with composite video and analogue audio output
- Configure an independent network between the HMP and the e2110. In this walk through the 192.168.1.XXX range is used. Other devices present on the network may affect stream performance; always test with an isolated network first.
- Connect your source device to the encoder via the composite input and dual-RCA audio inputs
- In the e2110 web interface, open the Input page. Set the Video Format to 'Composite' and Aspect ratio to 'Auto'
- Open the Status page and verify a signal is being detected
- Next, open the Encoding page, configure the settings as below and press Apply :
- On the Stream page, configure an RTP multicast stream and press Apply:
(The IP address shown is in the range of local administrative multicast IPs. you may configure a different multicast address)
- Press Start and then View to check in your browser that the stream is running.
- Open HMD and create a new project. Open index.svg.
- Right-click the properties pane and create a new Media Item. Set the URI as rtp://126.96.36.199:5000. Make this layer full screen.
- Verify that the stream plays in HMD, and publish your project.