From SpinetiX Support Wiki
The Peripherals page of HMP Control Center allows configuring settings related to the serial and USB ports. It contains the following sections:
This section contains settings related to the serial port of the HMP.
- Enable serial port
- Enable / disable the usage of the serial port. Default: enabled.
- Baud rate
- Set the baud rate / speed of the serial communication. Default: 9600.
- Data bits
- Set the number of data bits per character. Default: 8.
- Set the parity bit in each character. Default: none.
- Stop bits
- Set the number of stop bits per character. Default: 1.
Serial Port Automation
This section allows configuring whether a serial port protocol file should be used by the HMP when communicating over the serial port. Different settings are displayed depending on the value selected from the drop-down box labeled "Settings", as following:
- Simple (added in firmware 4.0.1)
- Select this to be able to enter one or more simple commands for screen control, to be sent over the serial port.
- Advanced (HMP350 only)
- Select this to be able to enable the usage of serial port protocol files.
Note: To schedule the execution of the "PowerOn" & "PowerOff" commands, go to Display & Audio > Power page.
After selecting "Simple" from the drop-down box labeled "Settings", you can enter one or more simple commands for screen control, to be sent over the serial port, as following:
- Enter the name of the command.
- Enter the command data string to be sent to the screen.
- See the note below for more details about the string syntax.
- Optionally, click the "Add" button to add another entry in the list of commands. To remove a command, click on the orange x button next to the command you want to remove.
- Click the "Apply" button to apply the new serial port commands.
This applies only to HMP350.
After selecting "Advanced" from the drop-down box labeled "Settings", you can enable the usage of serial port protocol files, as following:
- Select the radio option from the "Active" column, next to the desired protocol file.
- Click the "Apply" button to apply the changes.
- The HMP comes with four built-in protocol files (for LG LF65, Panasonic plasma and Sharp Aquos screens, plus one for NMEA-0183 standard), which are prefixed with "[sys]".
- If the some commands were added using the simple settings described above, then these commands are added into a protocol file called "simple".
- If needed, you can upload your custom protocol file by clicking on the "Add Protocol File" button.
- The custom serial port protocol files can be removed from the player by clicking on the orange x button, from the "Delete" column, next to the protocol file you want to remove.
This section let you configure and see USB devices attached to the player.
- Enable USB I/O API
- Enable / disable the USB I/O API. Default: disabled.
- Use external USB drive to store content
Any USB storage device connected to the HMP is displayed in this section, along with information about its storage size and the status of usage.
If the USB storage device was not activated, then the status is "Not currently in use" and the following actions can be performed:
- Publish USB content to HMP internal storage
- This button allow coping the content present on the USB storage device on the HMP local storage.
If the USB storage device was activated, the following actions can be performed:
- Copy to USB
- This button allow coping the content present on the HMP local storage to the USB storage device.
- Disconnect USB storage device
- The "Disconnect" button is present when the USB storage device is in use as local storage for the HMP. It is recommended to use the "Disconnect" button before removing the USB device from the HMP, especially if the USB storage device is in write mode.
Activate the USB storage device
To configure the HMP to use a USB drive connected on its USB port as local storage (instead of the HMP internal storage), follow these steps:
- Enable the "Use external USB drive to store content" option.
- Click on the "Apply" button.
- Insert your USB drive into the USB port of the HMP. If the USB was already connected, you need to re-connect it!
- Wait for few seconds and then click on the "Reload" button. The page should indicate that the local storage is currently set to USB storage.
- You may need to Format the USB device before it can be used to store the content.
Format the USB storage
The "Format" button allows formatting the USB storage device - beside clearing any data existing on the USB device, this also turns the USB device into a permanent writable local storage.
To format a USB storage, follow these steps:
- Plug the USB storage to the HMP and wait for it to be detected.
- Press the "Format" button.
- A message will be shown indicating the the format is in progress.
- Wait for the formatting to be completed (the duration depends on the size of the USB storage). For instance, for a 250GB drive the duration is approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Unplug the USB storage device from the HMP.
- Reconnect the USB storage device to the HMP.